Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Return to sender

1. Senior Member

Return to sender

Advertisements
    I shipped a care package last week but I found out today that our fro gave us the wrong mailing address.

Does anyone know when a package is returned to sender if I would have to pay another $18 to mail it again?

2. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

This happened to me once when I used to sell on ebay; the buyer gave me the wrong address and I got it back and have to send it to a different place.

What I was told at the post office was that postage can't be re-used, so assuming the postage on your care package got cancelled when it was shipped, new postage has to be purchased. That sucks they gave out the wrong address.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    You'll have to pay postage again.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    This happened to me once when I used to sell on ebay; the buyer gave me the wrong address and I got it back and have to send it to a different place.

What I was told at the post office was that postage can't be re-used, so assuming the postage on your care package got cancelled when it was shipped, new postage has to be purchased. That sucks they gave out the wrong address.
    Quote Originally Posted by DakotaCowgirl View Post
    You'll have to pay postage again.
    Thanks, ladies. I figured as much.

I was an Easter themed CP

5. Senior Member
    Depending on HOW BAD that address was messed up it might come back. I have seen where it might be a little off or something and still magically shows up to the service member.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Margot31 View Post
    Depending on HOW BAD that address was messed up it might come back. I have seen where it might be a little off or something and still magically shows up to the service member.
    The official message we got was they gave us the address for the squadron that they are replacing. When that squadron leaves the address expires and everything will get sent back.

It's frustrating but... c'est la vie.