Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Navy Care Package (L)

1. Regular Member
    Blog Entries

Navy Care Package (L)

Advertisements
    Hello y'all,

So, I wanna hear what you all have to say because I have a huge question... How many stamps should I put on letters to send overseas? Does it depend? If so, then on what?

Also, I have an awesome idea for all y'all that have a sensitive man. I made "Open When" letters for my man. For example: "Open When you feel sad" or "Open When you feel joyful". I have a whole box of these I am sending soon. I think I might lose my mind on this whole postal thing though. I really need to condense everything down because his rack is so small. Got any suggestions?

Thanks,

Susan
  2. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    When I sent stuff to DH, he always told me to never send just a letter (stick it in the box with the rest of the care package). The reason is: small items like letters are put into a huge bin, and the bin isn't taken to the ship til it's almost full, which could be a really long time. Boxes, on the other hand, are stacked on pallets and arrive much more quickly. One only took 9 days once.

As for content, I mostly sent snacks he could share with the other guys because they just don't have room for much else. Also sent new socks & underwear after a thief was stealing them out of the laundry, headphones, a usb-plug dvd player because the internal one in his laptop died, and a few other small things.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  3. Regular Member
    Blog Entries

Thank you. You are literally the only one who has replied to me. This is very helpful.
  4. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Quote Originally Posted by susbro510 View Post
    Thank you. You are literally the only one who has replied to me. This is very helpful.
    This website can be very very slow. Don't take it personally. Most people only have time to hop on for 5 minutes during a break or something, which makes it hard to interact much.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  5. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by susbro510 View Post
    Hello y'all,

So, I wanna hear what you all have to say because I have a huge question... How many stamps should I put on letters to send overseas? Does it depend? If so, then on what?

Also, I have an awesome idea for all y'all that have a sensitive man. I made "Open When" letters for my man. For example: "Open When you feel sad" or "Open When you feel joyful". I have a whole box of these I am sending soon. I think I might lose my mind on this whole postal thing though. I really need to condense everything down because his rack is so small. Got any suggestions?

Thanks,

Susan
    Don't send anything very valuable or overly expensive. Two of my packages didn't make it to DH last deployment, which was a complete bummer. I also recommend only sending things that can be thrown away after being used, like food, because there is very little room for storage. I sent lots of snacks (be sure it is stuff that won't melt, like chocolate or gummy candies). I agree with being careful about just sending a singular letter, that can get lost very easily. I've always sent a ton of letters at once, all placed in one of DH's care packages.