Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Size of box to ship

1. Regular Member

Size of box to ship

Advertisements
    I'm planning on sending DB a care package at the end of this month for our one year. I've made a fleece blanket and it doesn't fit in the large flat rate APO box that USPS provides.

Can I use a different non priority box to ship? Or if not, how may I ship the blanket and a few smaller things all together to an APO overseas? If it's not possible, that's good to know as well lol.

It's really not that big, just slightly too bulky for the flaps to close down all the way.
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    yes, any flat rate/priority box will get a discount for APO addresses.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  3. Regular Member
    Ok because I ordered the free military bundle ones or whatever they called it and it doesn't fit in the "large".

I don't know whether it matters if it's that kind of box that I use or not? Like if they'll deny shipping because it's not an APO one. Probably a silly question but no idea.

And not sure if they have priority or not in the size I need so does that matter as well?
  4. Senior Member
    You want to send it priority for sure. Box size/marking/shape doesn't matter for that. Just about anything can go Priority, but it may cost more. Since a blanket is light, the price for non-flat rate shouldn't be that bad. But definitely send it Priority, or it can literally take months to arrive.

That said, a blanket is pretty fluffy, and thus pretty compressible. Can you not just cram it in the large flat rate box, have a friend press down on the flaps while you tape the shit out of it, and call it a day?
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  5. Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    You want to send it priority for sure. Box size/marking/shape doesn't matter for that. Just about anything can go Priority, but it may cost more. Since a blanket is light, the price for non-flat rate shouldn't be that bad. But definitely send it Priority, or it can literally take months to arrive.

That said, a blanket is pretty fluffy, and thus pretty compressible. Can you not just cram it in the large flat rate box, have a friend press down on the flaps while you tape the shit out of it, and call it a day?
    You can also put it one of those space saver bags, where you suck all the air out. It will help and should fit in a box so much easier.
  6. Senior Member
    I second cramming it. I sent DB a large blanket I made by basically laying on the box while I taped it shut. Also try rolling it - you can usually get it pretty compact if you roll it like you would a sleeping bag
  7. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kt_bug View Post
    I second cramming it. I sent DB a large blanket I made by basically laying on the box while I taped it shut. Also try rolling it - you can usually get it pretty compact if you roll it like you would a sleeping bag
    Yes I've done a sleeping bag roll and tried folding it regular as well. Maybe I'll put twine around it and have to send two separate boxes if needed for the other things. I'll look around but keep in mind to do priority.
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    You can use any box you want to send to apo
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  9. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    You can use any box you want to send to apo
    Thanks! All this helps. I'll have to check out more priority boxes as well then for faster ship times.
  10. Regular Member

After refolding it for the millionth time I got it to fit in the large flat rate box! Now I just need some corny/cheesy hockey pick up lines to put on the flaps of the box.

Any ideas would be great! Like:

"You're my greatest score"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast