Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Is anyone here not in US and sent a care package to their deployed SO?

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Confused Is anyone here not in US and sent a care package to their deployed SO?

Advertisements
    Hi! I'm currently living in Asia and I have no idea how to send a care package from here.

I'm going through DF's first deployment, and I wanted to surprise him by sending him one. However, USPS is not available here.

Are there any companies that can send to US military addresses?
  2. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    My mum lives in another country and once sent a package to my ex while he was deployed. She just went to her local post office and used the exact address my SO had sent to her, and was able to send it like a regular package. The address was probably the most important part. Also, here in the US, we have to use customs declarations forms when we send anything internationally, so you may have to do the same. I'd suggest going to your local post office, they'll probably be able to help you!
  3. Senior Member
    It would be just like sending mail to any US address. Go through the same process as you would if this was a package going to California. It will take longer (perhaps much longer) but it will work. Basically, the APO/FPO address (or whatever he has) is a US address and can be treated exactly like any other US address in nearly all situations. However, unless there is a way to get it in to the USPS Priority system, it can take months to make it, so keep that in mind.

The FPO or APO part of the address is the city, and AP/AE or whatever 2 letter code you have is the State.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  4. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    thank you all! really appreciate it! <3
  5. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I actually had trouble sending a package from South Korea to Afghanistan. The lady at the post office couldn't figure it out and the address basically said unknown. Hopefully you have better luck! My friend that lived on base eventually sent mine out!

life's a party, rock your body
  6. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by jenjamin View Post
    I actually had trouble sending a package from South Korea to Afghanistan. The lady at the post office couldn't figure it out and the address basically said unknown. Hopefully you have better luck! My friend that lived on base eventually sent mine out!
    Thanks for the info! That is what I'm afraid of Maybe I'll send a letter first and see if they can get it sent.
  7. Senior Member
    Do you have any friends in the US that could send it for you? Our could you just order something from Amazon (.com)? You wouldn't be able to personalize those, but if it is more about getting the items to him, that would be much faster.

Also, be aware that letters typically take longer than packages, because packages can go priority and letters are generally regular mail (I guess that would be First Class mail). If my mom mailed me a letter and a package from the States on the same day, the package always arrived sooner, usually by about 3 days, but sometimes longer.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski