Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: long way from Germany to USA

1. Regular Member

long way from Germany to USA

Advertisements
    So I did get the new sunday night that my boyfriend is in hospital. 2 days not knowing what happened only that he can text me he is "ok" thats a big relief...NOT. So I was going a little bit crazy and run through the city to buy some stuff for a care package to practice some stress managment
    The result has been awesome...and I forgot to take a picture of it because I was in such a hurry to sent him a GET WELL SOON package asap

Now he is at the hospital but will get the package only in around 2 weeks. That makes me feel:

Does anyone know about any options to order flowers/cakes/presents from germany and let it deliver in the hospital in his base in the US? I feel helpless not to be able to do more and faster for him
  2. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    I know it's hard being so far away!!!

If you know the name of the hospital he is in, I would find their website and look up their gift shop. Almost every hospital has one, and they usually have directions on how to order something and have it delivered to the patient's room. The hospital may not accept outside companies coming in to deliver.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    I know it's hard being so far away!!!

If you know the name of the hospital he is in, I would find their website and look up their gift shop. Almost every hospital has one, and they usually have directions on how to order something and have it delivered to the patient's room. The hospital may not accept outside companies coming in to deliver.

i hope everything is ok!
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    If it is LRMC, there isn't a flower shop. YOu would need to check out AAFES and see if the KMCC mall would deliver. I'm not sure if they do.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DakotaCowgirl View Post
    If it is LRMC, there isn't a flower shop. YOu would need to check out AAFES and see if the KMCC mall would deliver. I'm not sure if they do.
    He's not in Germany.

OP, you can call 1800Flowers internationally and see, but I can't think of any reason why you couldn't place an order with them, as long as you have a credit card. You'd have to ask about delivering on base. Are you sure he's in a base hospital? He was able to tell you that, but not what is wrong? That seems odd.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Nevermind. I just looked at your locations thing and it said Germany/usa....Ignore me.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  7. Regular Member
    He is ok and came home a few days ago. I am so happy about even I can not be with him these days...what makes me crazy. I sent him "only" a carepackage to his home adress because I wasn´t very sure about if they let me sent flowers and gifts into a base hospital. I hope the package will arrive soon
  8. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by irish85 View Post

i hope everything is ok!
    thank you. I need every hug and support lately. I miss him so badly and he being in hospital with me being unable to be there for him made me sad. He is home since a few days and he is back to work also already (even I think it is too early - but he is an intelligent man and decided it is not too early)
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by snowflake5615 View Post
    thank you. I need every hug and support lately. I miss him so badly and he being in hospital with me being unable to be there for him made me sad. He is home since a few days and he is back to work also already (even I think it is too early - but he is an intelligent man and decided it is not too early)

Awwww I totally hear you!

When db was having his first surgery and me being 2000 miles away i was a nervous wreck! I went to him for his second one. I am sure with it being unexpected it was worse! I am happy to hear he is feeling better!

"She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."