Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Care Package help, please!!! :)

1. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡

Question Care Package help, please!!! :)

Advertisements
    My little bro is doing his Ranger school/training/idk what it's called and wrote home basically saying it was hell. He says all the enlisted guys are ganging up on the officers by taking all the good MREs, that they peer reviewed him low because he told them to "Shut up and let's get this over with" during a drill or something, that he only gets to eat twice a day which is a huge adjustment, and stupid little stuff like that. Also the medic apparently sucks. My brother asked to see him because his feet were bleeding and was told he could "quit or continue." Rude, obviously he's not quitting. :-( He sounded pretty depressed in the letter, so we're all sending him care packages. My mom got him new boots because apparently his have gone to shit (pardon my language). I have a VERY limited window of time to send this (must be sent on Monday) & I work all weekend, so I need to be gathering ideas ASAP. He requested Gatorade and supplies for Ranger goo (Nutella,icing,nasty stuff, etc. lol) but that's it! Obviously I'm sending what he asked for, pictures from home, and a letter...any cool/creative ideas for stuff to send? I really want to cheer him up! He's a super awesome kid and really deserves to make it through. He's in Mountain phase now and will be going to swamp next.

I also want to add, that he knew what he was signing up for. My bro isn't one to complain out loud, so the letter was kind of his only way to "vent" a bit.
  2. Senior Member
    So I noticed this was over a month ago so I am assuming that you have already mailed your care package. Glad to hear that you all got him some new boots - perhaps pack some band-aids and guaze to help with blisters in the future? It so hard when you get letters like that.... I hope he's doing better now!
  3. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    Hi! Thanks for your reply. Yes, he has graduated by now! It turns out there was a ranger school facebook page that had a ton of helpful information. They even had groups for each graduating class! I only wish we would've found it sooner