Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: halfway bag ideas

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

halfway bag ideas

Advertisements
    Question on halfway bags. (Guys on subs each get a gallon size zip lock back filled with goodies on the halfway point of a mission)

I'll be putting together DBs halfway bag soon for his next mission. I pretty much know everything I'm doing for his. But, I'm also going to send some to a few of the single sailors in his division. DB will tell me kind of their preferences on things and candy etc... Now, should I also include a letter? If so, any tips on what I should write? Obviously I write DB a detailed letter and send pictures. But, I'm just not sure what single sailors would want...

Anyways, any tips or opinions would be greatly appreciated. TIA
  2. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    Maybe buy a pack of cards and just write a few sentences on there? I think that's sweet of you to make some for the other guys!
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by KittenMittens View Post
    Maybe buy a pack of cards and just write a few sentences on there? I think that's sweet of you to make some for the other guys!
    Oh ok, that's a good idea! Thanks
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I always had Wyatt "write" (he was 2-3 so really I just wrote what he told me) and included and drawing from him to all of DH's guys. They always loved him and would come up and say thanks to him and some even wrote him an email special. It was a great way to show that they were cared without me being like have fun with my husband We used to send basically toddler party favor stuff for the division which always cracked them up. I have a picture somewhere from a Halloween mission where the entire division had the little bat and spider rings, sucking on ring pops, wearing felt super hero masks It was awesome.

And, is it me or are they going again so soon?! I swear they haven't been home very long!
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by KnittingGuamMama View Post
    I always had Wyatt "write" (he was 2-3 so really I just wrote what he told me) and included and drawing from him to all of DH's guys. They always loved him and would come up and say thanks to him and some even wrote him an email special. It was a great way to show that they were cared without me being like have fun with my husband We used to send basically toddler party favor stuff for the division which always cracked them up. I have a picture somewhere from a Halloween mission where the entire division had the little bat and spider rings, sucking on ring pops, wearing felt super hero masks It was awesome.

And, is it me or are they going again so soon?! I swear they haven't been home very long!
    Oh great ideas! They will have a Halloween theme too . The last one I did for DB I put a bunch of toy pirates in there and wrote a short story about how the Pirates kidnaped him and returned him to me lol, he loved it!
    And yes, very soon unfortunately :/
  6. Senior Member
    Thats so sweet of you! Maybe put something on fb to see if anyone else would want to write something to them!
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."