Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not feeling so crafty

1. Regular Member

Not feeling so crafty

Advertisements
    OK ladies I have been wanting to start stocking up on some care package materials.. One of my goals for this deployment is to get crafty... Because I am so NOT. Anyways I was at target browsing and there is nothing worth a flip there. Where do you buy all your care package crafting goodies?!
  2. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

I wasn't very crafty when DH was deployed last. The best I did was buy stickers from the gift card isle at the grocery store, and randomly stick them on things I sent him I thought it was silly, and that I was just indulging my childhood love of stickers, but when he came home, he had taken some of the stickers off the k-cup packages and had put them on his laptop

Anyway, do you have a Michael's or Joann's? Those might have better supplies. There's also a plethora of cool stuff on Etsy, but sometimes I find it hard to search there if I don't know exactly what I want.
  3. Regular Member
    Thats so weird you would think target had everything for that LOL. My DB doesnt want to send me anything and im bummed cause im.very creatuve :,( but maybe try like a 99 store or walmart ! They have lots of stuff
  4. Senior Member
    I use the dollar tree and michaels for decorations, stickers, and stuff like that. Also Pinterest has some amazing ideas and tips.
  5. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor

I second those that said the dollar store. I have a board on pinterest with a lot of ideas I plan on doing for DH on this upcoming deployment... we'll see if I actually do it. Never have before. I usually just put stickers on the inside and fill them with things he likes.

<3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3
  6. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    Most of my stuff came from Michael's, they have a whole scrapbook section that has a ton of options. Best thing I purchased was a massive pack of multi colored construction paper, I used some sheets from that pretty much every single box. If you have a hobby lobby near you, I hear they have even better options than Michael's. I supplemented with things from target, especially the dollar spot section for seasonal stuff, and party city for themed stuff
    ~Becca~

7. Regular Member
    Lol I would def be the one to stick stickers on the inside of the box, and call it a day. I am going to check out Michaels and Joann today and see what all I can find. I know my marine could really care less what the box looks like lol but its all part of the 'fun' right?!
    Pray for me! Ill be sure to post a pic of my first box, I'm sure it will be pretty comical LOL
  8. Senior Member
    I bought all of my stuff from the Dollar Store and Hobby Lobby. I just got Scrapbook paper, taped it with double sided tape to the box. Added Pictures or stickers. I tried to make my boxes into themes, so that I wouldn't run out of ideas.

I also just sent plain ol boxes with things he requested.
  9. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I am NOT crafty either. I would suggest finding a theme, for example if you want to send him some "sunshine", then I would make the box filled with all kinds of yellow items. Not just random items though, stuff he likes. You could also put the quote, "You are my sunshine" on the box folds. I would check out pinterest too for ideas. There are some pretty cute ones. Also, for the materials to make the box look pretty, JoAnn Fabrics and Micheals have some good quality materials that will last the entire shipping process. [/FONT]
  10. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    Quote Originally Posted by KJSMIT4496 View Post
    Lol I would def be the one to stick stickers on the inside of the box, and call it a day. I am going to check out Michaels and Joann today and see what all I can find. I know my marine could really care less what the box looks like lol but its all part of the 'fun' right?!
    Pray for me! Ill be sure to post a pic of my first box, I'm sure it will be pretty comical LOL
    Take a look at some of the other threads in the CP forum, there are lots of pictures and ideas. If you're using the large USPS flat rate boxes, scrapbook paper is the perfect size and you don't have to cut it. And yes, decorating CPs was def more for me than it was for my ex I could care less if he threw the boxes out as soon as he got them, I just really enjoyed doing them - it was a way for me to focus my energy on something creative and constructive! In fact, I enjoyed them so much that I'm continuing to make them for friends and family since I don't have my ex to make them for anymore
    ~Becca~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast