Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Tracking/MSPA Inquiry

  1. Regular Member
    elldubya's Avatar
    elldubya is offline
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    34
    #1

    Tracking/MSPA Inquiry

    Advertisements
    Hi all!

    I had a quick question for those of you seasoned in sending care packages. My first care package managed to get there in 3 weeks exactly.

    The second has since gone MIA. USPS tracking shows it in transit, and as it's been 21 days since the original ship date, I've opened an inquiry with the MPSA.

    Anyone have any idea how long it takes them to respond?

    (I suspect the customs form naming beef jerky and girl scout cookies were tempting.... As it stands, I'm buying another replacement round today to resend just in case!)
  2. Wine-o
    brahette's Avatar
    brahette is offline
    Wine-o
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    2,792
    #2
    Once the CP is handed off from USPS to the military, there is no tracking. All my packages go through Chicago so IF they manage to scan it in Chicago, that is always my last tracking point. But they only scan it maybe 50% of the time. For instance, his most recent one still says it left Philadelphia and there's no tracking after that even though I know it's routed through Chicago. Where is your package going? Transit times differ. Mine go to Kuwait and normally take 7 business days, but have taken as few as 5 and then he just got one today that took 12. I've talked to someone else whose SO is at the same location as my DB and she said her packages never take less than 2 weeks. I'm sure the winter storms around the US are also factoring into shipping time. Also, the package could be at his location and just not dispersed to him yet. I've never had to open an inquiry, they always get there in the end. I just sent my 6th CP today.
    ~Becca~


  3. Regular Member
    elldubya's Avatar
    elldubya is offline
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    34
    #3
    And see, that's the weird part! I got a much delayed confirmation of delivery for my first CP but, as I type this I'm reviewing the text confirmations again.

    The same confirmation of delivery to APO AE came the day the first CP was delivered. The last confirmation I got for 2/20 to delivery to the APO AE may very well have been the same thing. Now it's just time to follow the third CP on its way.

    You're all too right - these wonky storms are screwing everything up. 3 weeks seems to be the sweet spot for DB's CPs! (Although this one took 2 weeks - that's fast. :x)
  4. Wine-o
    brahette's Avatar
    brahette is offline
    Wine-o
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    2,792
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by elldubya View Post
    And see, that's the weird part! I got a much delayed confirmation of delivery for my first CP but, as I type this I'm reviewing the text confirmations again.

    The same confirmation of delivery to APO AE came the day the first CP was delivered. The last confirmation I got for 2/20 to delivery to the APO AE may very well have been the same thing. Now it's just time to follow the third CP on its way.

    You're all too right - these wonky storms are screwing everything up. 3 weeks seems to be the sweet spot for DB's CPs! (Although this one took 2 weeks - that's fast. :x)
    That's strange, I have never ever gotten delivery confirmation. There's info regarding shipping times in this thread as well - Care Packages 101
    ~Becca~


  5. Regular Member
    elldubya's Avatar
    elldubya is offline
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    34
    #5
    At the USPS tracking page, have you opted in for text updates?

    That's where I got the notification from (reflected from the site itself). "Arrived USPS Facility 2/20/15 5:31 PM APO AE" for example.

    Fantastic compilation in the 101 thread, thank you!
  6. Wine-o
    brahette's Avatar
    brahette is offline
    Wine-o
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    2,792
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by elldubya View Post
    At the USPS tracking page, have you opted in for text updates?

    That's where I got the notification from (reflected from the site itself). "Arrived USPS Facility 2/20/15 5:31 PM APO AE" for example.

    Fantastic compilation in the 101 thread, thank you!
    Yep, I've done both email and text updates and I never get anything beyond Chicago.
    ~Becca~


  7. Regular Member
    elldubya's Avatar
    elldubya is offline
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    34
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by brahette View Post
    Yep, I've done both email and text updates and I never get anything beyond Chicago.
    That's bizarre. Both CPs I've sent I've gotten this status for (though it took a bit beyond Chicago). Here's to hoping you get one this time!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •