Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Would You Send?

1. Wine-o
    Wine-o

Would You Send?

Advertisements
    I wanted to make some Irish potato candies to send DB for St. Patrick's Day, but after looking at the recipes, I'm not quite sure it's ok to send due to there being dairy products (refrigeration?). Here's 2 I was looking at. Think they'd be ok or should I pass? Normally takes 7 business days for packages to get to him. Usually 2 to 3 days in the US (where it's winter right now) and I'd say the rest in transit from US to the sand dunes.

Irish Potato Candy Recipe - Allrecipes.com

Irish Potatoes Recipe - Allrecipes.com
    ~Becca~

2. Need a shoulder? My PM box is always open!
    Need a shoulder? My PM box is always open!
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbeam View Post
    Your recipe with the cream cheese or crem makes me a little worried but this recipe from Sunbeam I would send. Butter doesn't bother me as much.
  4. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    Ooo those sound yummy!!

Quote Originally Posted by KnittingGuamMama View Post
    Your recipe with the cream cheese or crem makes me a little worried but this recipe from Sunbeam I would send. Butter doesn't bother me as much.
    Yeah it was mainly the cream cheese I was worried about. The other one I posted has creamer, but only 1.5 tbsp. Was thinking of maybe doing a mix of the 2 recipes and using butter/creamer instead of cream cheese?
    ~Becca~

5. Need a shoulder? My PM box is always open!
    If you want a quasi-potato shape, you could always do the tea cookie/sandy type recipe and make them a potato shape. if you didn't roll in sugar or rolled in sugar that you had colored brown, those would look very realistic.

(I can't think of the name of the cookie right now, but if you are interested, I'll figure it out.)

ETA: Sand Tarts. Tons of recipes for them, but this is close to what I think of as standard:

http://www.cooks.com/recipe/1m9ew7fy...and-tarts.html
  6. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    If you want a quasi-potato shape, you could always do the tea cookie/sandy type recipe and make them a potato shape. if you didn't roll in sugar or rolled in sugar that you had colored brown, those would look very realistic.

(I can't think of the name of the cookie right now, but if you are interested, I'll figure it out.)
    Yeah I may have to come up with an alternative. I already bought a green cookie tin, so I'm definitely sending something in there It's funny, I had no idea that Irish Potatoes were a Philly thing - I grew up eating them for St. Patrick's Day every year. I was Googling around for recipes and talking to friends about Irish Potatoes and no one had any idea what I was talking about
    ~Becca~

7. Need a shoulder? My PM box is always open!
    When I think of St. Pat's, it's corned beef, cabbage, potatoes and carrots. I live in potato growing country now - they're in all sorts of recipes around here!

My parents get a lamb stew at their local celebration and I like that too. But those don't ship so well . . . .

You can always do shamrock sugar cookies with green icing. But I like the idea of potatoes.

Added cookie recipe above.
  8. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    When I think of St. Pat's, it's corned beef, cabbage, potatoes and carrots. I live in potato growing country now - they're in all sorts of recipes around here!

My parents get a lamb stew at their local celebration and I like that too. But those don't ship so well . . . .

You can always do shamrock sugar cookies with green icing. But I like the idea of potatoes.

Added cookie recipe above.
    Ahhh thank you, that recipe is perfect!! Thanks!! I can just add some cinnamon to the powdered sugar when I roll them!
    ~Becca~

9. Need a shoulder? My PM box is always open!
    You can also make some little dents (eyes) in the dough before you bake. This recipe works for moon shapes, discs, balls, etc. so I know it would work for a potato shape!
  10. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    Definitely!! I think I may add some coconut in there as well since that's a characteristic of the actual Irish potato candies
    ~Becca~