Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Open me when letter ideas

1. Regular Member

Open me when letter ideas

Advertisements
    My favorite sailor and wonderful boyfriend soon deploys. I have been feeling really sad and having been putting together a care package for him, it has been helping. I also wanted to put in "open me when letters." What letters should I include? Is this a good idea or not? I don't know if he will actually open them or not.
  2. Regular Member
    I've never done "open me when" letters, because DH has a small rack space and I doubt he wants to be placing letters from me in there. I send emails that I hope he will receive

But, I know of some people who do them and their SO's love them. Would it be strange to ask him if he likes this idea? Hopefully someone who has done them can give you some suggestions of what letters to include.
  3. Senior Member

I did it for DH one time, and he forgot about them and never opened them

4. Regular Member

Should I?

Is it worth it then? I feel like it might be therapeutic for me lol. I'm not sure if he will open them though lol.
  5. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by emtuck90 View Post
    I've never done "open me when" letters, because DH has a small rack space and I doubt he wants to be placing letters from me in there. I send emails that I hope he will receive

But, I know of some people who do them and their SO's love them. Would it be strange to ask him if he likes this idea? Hopefully someone who has done them can give you some suggestions of what letters to include.

I was going to send them in a care package when he left. He has a rack as well as a locker in the area he works in. Should I do it, or is it not even worth it? I think it might be therapeutic for me. He is underway right now and I am missing him something terrible. This is the last underway before he deploys later this month.
  6. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

I did a "what I love about you book" the first month my Dh was deployed. It was SO therapeutic and good for me. I sent it to him, I really don't know if he read much of it or not. He did thank me for it and say it was nice but he's not super into written words. I would do it for yourself, and if you think he'd like it, send it, if not, that's fine too. I still have the book I wrote DH (I made sure to let him know I wanted it returned to me ), and while I haven't re-read it, I like knowing it's there.
  7. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by [his] lobster View Post
    I did a "what I love about you book" the first month my Dh was deployed. It was SO therapeutic and good for me. I sent it to him, I really don't know if he read much of it or not. He did thank me for it and say it was nice but he's not super into written words. I would do it for yourself, and if you think he'd like it, send it, if not, that's fine too. I still have the book I wrote DH (I made sure to let him know I wanted it returned to me ), and while I haven't re-read it, I like knowing it's there.
    I think I will do it. I am really missing him.
  8. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    When my db left for his first deployment I wrote some letters with an "open when" theme. He said he liked then and I know he did read them. He even has them now that he's been home for almost 8 months. I will admit I felt cheesy writing them but it was also kind of fun. I did a list of reasons why I love him which was my personal favourite!
  9. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

Quote Originally Posted by lostnavygf View Post
    I think I will do it. I am really missing him.
    If you're worried about space issues, as mentioned above (DH wasn't on a ship so I didn't think about that), this is the book I used: http://www.amazon.com/What-I-Love-Ab...love+about+you. There are other similar ones. It had some silly stuff, some serious. I filled it out randomly, and by the end I was surprised that I had it filled cover to cover. It's a fairly small book.
  10. Senior Member
    I did like ten of them for my DB when he was deployed, and he absolutely looooved them. He couldn't wait to open them until the actual "occasion" that I wanted him to, he opened them all at once

And he read them over and over, even when we were on Skype
    If you're too proud to follow rivers, how are you ever gonna find the sea?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast