Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Navy Care Package Ideas?

1. Regular Member

Navy Care Package Ideas?

Advertisements
    Hey there! So, my wonderful boyfriend and favorite sailor soon deploys. I am going to send him off with a care package the day he leaves. I am going to include some of his favorite snacks and what not, but what else should I include?

I was going to also include some "open me when" letters. What kind of things should I include? I was thinking of these so far:

"Open me on your first day away"
    "Open me when it's your birthday"
    "Open when its our anniversary"
    "Open me when you need a hug"
    "Open me when you need a kiss"

Thanks in advance!
  2. Regular Member

First Navy Care Package Ideas?

Hey there! So my wonderful boyfriend and favorite sailor soon deploys. I am going to send him off with a care package the day he leaves. I am going to include some of his favorite snacks and what not, but what else should I include?

I was going to also include some "open me when" letters. What kind of things should I include? I was thinking of these so far:

"Open me on your first day away"
    "Open me when it's your birthday"
    "Open when its our anniversary"
    "Open me when you need a hug"
    "Open me when you need a kiss"

Thanks in advance!
  3. Regular Member
    As a college student, I also don't have a lot of money, so can't send packages a lot. I was thinking of just including his birthday and anniversary gift in the box I send him off with. Of course there will be a notes saying he can't open it until he those days lol.
  4. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

OP I merged your threads for you, please do not post identical threads in different areas of the board as this is against the TOS.

As for ideas, DH said when he was deployed one of the big issues he had was boredom (so probably same for Navy guys? lol) so I made sure to send lots of books/magazines/movies for him to watch when he had downtime.
  5. Senior Member
    Keep in mind that he probably has very, very limited space, assuming he's on a ship and especially if he's not very senior.

DH seemed to like food and decent coffee, but only in small amounts and he often shared it with others, so if money is a real issue, I wouldn't send much. If there's a magazine that interests him, you might send a few copies, and other kinds of entertainment (that can eventually be thrown away) is good. If you send a few movies, send them in small cases, rather than the originals cases, as they take up way less space.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  6. Regular Member

Thanks for the tips!

Yeah of course! I was only going to send him with one box. Probably a shoe box. What fits in the box is what I will send with him. Lol I've seen the berthing area so I know how little space he has, but thank you for reminding me .

I was gonna send him with a huge bag of homemade cookies to share. I've sent him with them before but he said they were gone in minuets because everyone loved them. So I know if I send a big bag they still will be gone in a day or so.
  7. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    Lots of good info in these sticky threads:
    Care Package Ideas
    General In's and Out's of a care package!
    Care Packages 101
    Care Packages - Pictures!

My DB is on a good base where he doesn't really need anything, so I send him fun things that I know he'll like - little presents, favorite snacks/candy/etc. The one thing he did ask for was a coffee grinder because he prefers fresh coffee to the Keurig they have, so I sent him that (I actually got it for free using my airline miles) and a bunch of bags of coffee beans to go with it. The Dollar Spot at Target is my new favorite thing ever, I get lots of stuff from there! You can also try stores like Five Below and whatever dollar stores are in your area. You can get the shipping supplies for free from USPS and it only costs me $15.90 to send a large flat rate box (if it fits, it ships!) But if that's still too much, you can send the small or medium sized packages which would be cheaper.
    ~Becca~