Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Care Package Ideas!

1. Senior Member

Big Grin Christmas Care Package Ideas!

Advertisements
    Dh's last deployment I didn't send any care packages ( he never got me the ship address lol). So I am completely new to this! I need some ideas for a Christmas care package. I know it will not get to him until way after Christmas but its the thought that counts and I really think he would like it anyway.

And by ideas I mean like what to send to him!
    just keep swimming
  2. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    Does he want or need anything specific? Are there certain things he doesn't have access to?

DB is on a good base where he can get pretty much anything he needs, so I have more freedom to send him whatever I want For his Xmas box, I sent a few small fun gifts - DVD movie, tshirt, toy, stuffed Santa, Santa hat, ornament - and then I filled it with some other things I knew he would love - few snack bags of his favorite chips, trail mix, bag of Sour Patch Kids, Xmas themed tic-tacs, a ton of mini Candy Canes. It was his (and my) first care package and he absolutely LOVED it! He says he doesn't know how I will top that box, but I told him to just wait till he gets the next one!
    ~Becca~

3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I'll be following this thread too for some more ideas Although, DB isn't deployed, just FAR haha. I'll be sending him an xmas package in a few days. So far I'm sending a few xmas DVDs that he loves, an ornament I had made with our names on it, a yankee candle balsam cedar scented thinger ma bob, a tshirt, a santa hat, and I'll be putting a lot of candy that he likes. He's adorable and corny and wants to have a tradition of wearing matching pjs on xmas so I'm also sending him xmas pajamas, and I have some that match. We're going to have a Christmas eve Skype date so we'll wear our matching pjs and start our tradition lol.
  4. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor

I can't mail most of DHs christmas/birthday gifts because the majority are pint glasses (he's a collector and homebrew enthusiast), limited edition Game of Thrones Dragonclaw goblet, and a SOG tomahawk and knife set.

For his christmas care package though I got him The Walking Dead pajama pants, a DOTA2 hoodie, gatorade chews, two boxes of little debbie christmas tree cakes, and a plastic clear candy cane thing that has his favorite chocolate in it (miniature reese's cups). I need ideas for other things to send him though because I don't feel like this is enough to fill the box.

<3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3
  5. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor

Okaaay so here's the stuff I mentioned in my other post plus some of the stuff I picked up today at Target:

<3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3
  6. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    I sent DB a framed photo of the two of us so he would have a new one to look at. he didn't want much last year.
  7. Regular Member
    ETSY IS GREAT! I found someone who makes customized pillows that look like an old fashioned post card! Here's the link to my Pinterest that has what she made for me.
    http://www.pinterest.com/pin/455848793507467930/

My bf has a Keurig so I also sent him hot chocolate cups from Dunkin Donuts, marshmallows, and candy canes, along with dumb little stocking stuffers from CVS and a SportsCenter desk calendar. Got Japan last Friday, but still hasn't made it to his FPO yet hopefully it will sooon!!!

Have fun!!
  8. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    I second Etsy! All of the Xmas gifts I got for DB didn't fit in one box so I sent a second New Years themed one and that had - coffee grinder, 3 bags of coffee beans, souvenir from my trip to Copenhagen, and a personalized dog tag keychain - https://www.etsy.com/listing/1835488...ef=favs_view_1
    ~Becca~

9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

So, DB just got his care package, and he LOVED it!!! Isn't it the best feeling when they appreciate the little silly thoughtful things? Makes the distance a tiny bit easier
  10. Regular Member
    Love it!! What did you send?!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast