Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Customs Forms

1. Wine-o
    Wine-o

Customs Forms

Advertisements
    Sending my first CP tomorrow. Went through that CP 101 thread - very helpful! Sounds like you don't have to list EVERY single thing in the box? The customs forms give you lines for entering stuff, so I can only do 4 per form (can have multiple forms). I wrote down t-shirt, dvd, snacks, and ornaments to cover a shirt, dvd, chips, candy, mio and dry ice tea mix, ornament, stuffed Santa, Santa hat, and a little toy airplane thing. Do you think that's good enough or should I add a second form?
    ~Becca~

2. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    I always (no matter what I actually put in the box) wrote "candy, socks, cotton t-shirt, magazines" on the customs form. Nothing more, nothing less. I didn't want to put what I really put in the box in case it got stolen. My post office never made me fill out another sheet, I don't think they care that much.
  3. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

I think you're good. I never listed everything just the largest or most expensive items, depending on what they were.
  4. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    Awesome, thanks! Didn't want to screw this up the first time
    ~Becca~

5. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

There are two different customs forms... A small and a larger form. The guy at the post office said I only needed to fill out the small one. Much easier.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  6. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    I sent it off this morning and had to deal with the most unhelpful and unfriendly USPS person ever. Hopefully I did everything correctly! I've got the tracking on it, but I'm assuming once it leaves the country I won't get anything aside from a delivery notification.
    ~Becca~

7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brahette View Post
    I sent it off this morning and had to deal with the most unhelpful and unfriendly USPS person ever. Hopefully I did everything correctly! I've got the tracking on it, but I'm assuming once it leaves the country I won't get anything aside from a delivery notification.
    I've had that happen with me too when I drove to the closest post office to me. The next time I went to a post office in a different location (because I happened to be driving that way anyway) and the staff were really nice. Now I drive the few extra miles to get good service.

The last package I sent was in a large flat rate box, and I didn't get any notice from the post office. I only knew it arrived when he told me.
  8. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    Quote Originally Posted by brahette View Post
    You can track it until it reaches Chicago. All packages go through O'Hare, and then they're in the hands of the military, so you will no longer be able to receive updates or track your care package. I never got a delivery notification but asked DB to tell me when he got it, which was usually between 2 and 4 weeks.
  9. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    DB told me the package arrived today, but he wasn't able to pick it up yet. Only took 7 business days to get to him, so that was much faster than I thought. Regarding the tracking, as you gals said, the last location was Chicago.
    ~Becca~