Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Often?

1. Wine-o
    Wine-o

How Often?

Advertisements
    For those of you that do the super crafty CPs, how often do you send one out? Do you alternate between the crafty/themed ones and then ones with just odds and ends? Been reading lots on here and elsewhere coming up with ideas for my care packages. This seriously has me SO excited to see what I can come up with! I'm thinking of sending a themed one every month, sometimes have multiples (for instance, February is both Valentine's day and DB's birthday). Any tips for someone that's never done CPs before?
  2. Moderator

I did one or two a month.

They were theme decorated, but not everything in them went with the theme. Sometimes, it would just be stuff he needed or wanted.
  3. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

I did about one a month but not super themed. He prefers requested items rather than random candy or knick knacks so I usually just put stickers on the crap he wanted
  4. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

I sent one or two a month. Usually it was just stuff he requested, but sometimes I'd theme the box out. I sent one to him for our anniversary, though, and I decked that sucker out! I wish I had taken pictures of it. +

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

5. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    Thanks ladies! I've started picking up things here and there as I come across them, but will wait till he's actually deployed so he can tell me what sorts of things he needs. The location he will be at is supposedly very good in terms of facilities, so we're thinking he won't need as much as he would if he were going elsewhere.
  6. Senior Member
    Once a month! I theme the heck out of them. DH loves it because he knows I have a ton of fun putting them together and all the guys are jealous when he gets packages. I found all these wonderful themes on pinterest that I can't wait to try.
  7. I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home
    I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home

I sent one every two weeks and each one was themed DH's guys joked because he always had mail at every mail call. He loved it

He was also the only person to get a care package at Extended Mojave Viper (pre-deployment training)
  8. Senior Member
    The last deployment I did about one every month, sometimes more depending on if I had any specific requests for something.
  9. Senior Member
    I usually send two care packages a month but I don't usually do theme ones unless he misses a major holiday or gets a promotion or something like that.
  10. Senior Member
    I never did theme ones, actually DH has always been at cushy bases for deployments so he didn't really get many packages. I think this last one I only sent him 3. He could get all of the snacks he liked there, wasn't a huge fan of baked goods through the mail (he said they didn't taste bad, but seemed to always lose their flavor), etc so I just didn't send many.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast