Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: no tracking update on SAM package in almost 2 weeks?

1. Regular Member

no tracking update on SAM package in almost 2 weeks?

Advertisements
    I sewed DB a quilt (seen in my post below) and I mailed it to him via space available mail in a square, brown, regular parcel post box on August 21st - 2 weeks ago today. The last tracking update on it said it left Bell Gardens, CA in the wee hours of the morning on August 24th. I realize it's traveling by space available mail, so naturally it's going to be slow, but has anyone else experienced a lack of updates by USPS for almost 2 weeks? I know the new mail hub is in Chicago, but the tracking hasn't even said that the package has reached there yet. Would it really take a SAM parcel 2 weeks and counting to get to the other side of the U.S. ???

I'm just frustrated
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

My parents sent my husband a golf bag for his birthday last year from New York to South Korea and two weeks later it still said that the box was sitting in the post office where it was dropped off initially. It took six weeks total to get there and missed his birthday by a few days, but they just didn't scan the tracking along the way so it was never updated.

It'll get there, it's frustrating but that's the benefit of paying the premium for priority in the future.
  3. Senior Member
    Wait, you've sent this to him in Afghanistan, correct? It can only track to a certain point. Sounds like it's likely on its way there! I myself never have paid for tracking to Afghanistan/Iraq etc since it can't be tracked all the way to its destination.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by alice04 View Post
    Wait, you've sent this to him in Afghanistan, correct? It can only track to a certain point. Sounds like it's likely on its way there! I myself never have paid for tracking to Afghanistan/Iraq etc since it can't be tracked all the way to its destination.
    Right, right, right. If the package were going by air, it would be out of Chicago but if it's going by boat it would leave from California. The sorting facility for APO, AE is in NY/NJ and the facility for APO, AP is in California.