Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Shipping Costly Electronics

1. Regular Member

Exclamation Shipping Costly Electronics

Advertisements
    I have been cruising posts about shipping electronics and now I am a little worried about shipping DG's requested laptop. She had an alternative with her but she dropped it and has requested I send her old laptop. I have it all packed and ready to go but I am worried. Do I list it on the customs form or put toy as suggested in another post?

Update: Market package with actual content and the laptop made it safely.
    Last edited by MissM85; 06-23-2014 at 01:54 PM. Reason: update
  2. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Did you actually include laprop on the customs form?
  3. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jennylnguyen View Post
    Did you actually include laprop on the customs form?
    Yes I did. I did not mark the brand or type but for insurance and customs purposes because there are some battery restrictions. I also sent it with a bunch of food items (crackers, snack bars etc.). I packed it in the only box shaped right for a laptop via priority flat rate. Placed it inside its original sleeve wrapped in bubble wrap, then filled the rest of the box with snack items. Just remember to pack the boxes tightly and mark fragile. It arrived safely in the normal amount of time. If you mark it as something else it may delay your shipping when they check the box so I figured it was safer to be honest.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I never had a problem shipping electronics. The biggest problems were the damage that was done by the sands, weather, soot etc. That and theft among the troops.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  5. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    I just don't label it what I'm actually sending, in case someone reads the customs form and sees PS Vita, PSP, etc.