Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost package?

1. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you

Lost package?

Advertisements
    Hi all, hoping for some care package help.

I sent DB a priority flat rate package on 18 March. I've been tracking it closely since it's been a few weeks and should be arriving to him within the next 10 days or so. When I track my packages I can usually see more than "departed sort facility in Greensboro" which is the origin city. The web page generally tells me when it departs Chicago/NY etc to go to the APO address but the web page hasn't changed at all. I know I can't track outside of the US.

I was a little weirded out that I couldn't see anything about leaving the origin city so I called to ask, and was told that the package was lost, and the postal worker on the phone literally had no idea where my box has gone...

does anyone know the next steps? I have $50 insurance on it, what happens with that? :sad
  2. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Go to the post office and file a claim.
    As long as you have the tracking # and insurance form you should get your money back.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  3. we were all rooting for you
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    Go to the post office and file a claim.
    As long as you have the tracking # and insurance form you should get your money back.
    Boo Thanks for the help. Do you think it'd be smart if I wait a week or two just to make sure they didn't put any info online? Or should I just forget it and get at least some of the money back?
  4. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Quote Originally Posted by KittenMittens View Post
    Boo Thanks for the help. Do you think it'd be smart if I wait a week or two just to make sure they didn't put any info online? Or should I just forget it and get at least some of the money back?
    Not sure.
    I would go to the post office in person and ask them. They may have a time frame that you have to wait.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  5. we were all rooting for you
    Interesting, just saw this on the base's facebook regarding mail...

Subject: All Hands Mail Delay

Department of Defense (DoD) and Department of State personnel stationed in the Europe, Africa, and Southwest Asia (EURAFSWA) Region may encounter some increased transit times and delays of incoming mail. International Service Center (ISC), Chicago O'Hare International Airport (ORD), which manages mail distribution for military (APO/FPO) addresses worldwide, has announced they
    have an estimated 56 containers of mail backlogged at ORD. USPS Post Master General and senior military Postal activities within DoD are investigating primary causes and working alternatives to manage the backlog, as well as evaluate current distribution contract to prevent additional mail delays. NAVSUP Fleet Logistics Center Sigonella Postal Director and supporting leads at Navy activities across the EURAFSWA Region are closely monitoring the situation and will work through base media to keep all customers updated as new information is received.

56 containers of mail!?
  6. Senior Member
    I'd wait it out a bit. When DB first gave me his address, I sent a cp. A few weeks later I sent another. He got the second one before the first one and that tracking was never updated. I can't remember if there is a timeline for the ins. Claim tho. Hope it is found.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace." Tom Ziglar.
  7. Banned
    Banned
    I would wait it out a little bit. 3 weeks really isn't THAT long. I don't remember, is he deployed? Because I have definitely had packages take over 3 weeks when sent to my ex in Afghanistan.
  8. we were all rooting for you
    Quote Originally Posted by Reagan View Post
    I would wait it out a little bit. 3 weeks really isn't THAT long. I don't remember, is he deployed? Because I have definitely had packages take over 3 weeks when sent to my ex in Afghanistan.
    He's deployed, but all of his packages have taken about two weeks, so I know part of this is that I'm impatient. I'm mostly just weirded out because I can't see any tracking info and I know the crap going on at o'Hare has delayed stuff. I just want to know if it's left the US or not but the USPS couldn't even tell me that. I'm gonna keep waiting and just hope it isn't lost.
  9. Senior Member
    I would give it another week at least. My DH is deployed too and just now got 2 packages I sent out around the beginning half of March. That huge delay caused a lot of problems with everyone getting mail lately. He just got 2 of 3 packages today he has been waiting on, still waiting for that 3rd to show up. Thanks for posting about the reason things are taking so long though! I had heard there was a delay and backup but that was it, I had no idea where it was happening.

http://www.militarysos.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=31330&dateline=1307403724
  10. we were all rooting for you
    Thanks for the help ladies.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast