Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Customs form

1. Senior Member

Customs form

Advertisements
    How do you write an APO address on a customs form? I'm confused..
    If you're too proud to follow rivers, how are you ever gonna find the sea?
  2. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

DH's was weird, I just wrote it one thing after another. I think it took up two lines in the end. It always worked out. It was like "name, weird group name, weird words, number". Or something like that I just wrote it out as it fit.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by [his] lobster View Post
    DH's was weird, I just wrote it one thing after another. I think it took up two lines in the end. It always worked out. It was like "name, weird group name, weird words, number". Or something like that I just wrote it out as it fit.
    That's pretty much what it is
    at this point I'm thinking I'm just gonna leave it blank and let the guy at the post office fill it out for me
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Here's a helpful site:
    US Troop Support | Taking the Stress Out of Sending Packages to Troops: How to Properly Mail to the War Zone | Frugal Café

And here's a video even!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P6OAeCsDeQ

And I wouldn't bother with the online forms, you have to print out like five copies, and sometimes your zip isn't in their system, so it won't let you complete it anyways.
    also, I would pick up a stack from the post office, and pick up or order for free from USPS.com a bunch of assorted flat rate boxes. Then sit and fill out a bunch of forms at once so you have them ready.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  5. Senior Member
    DH's was long and confusing, too. But basically it was
    Name: DH
    Address: Co, batallion, regiment (this usually took up one or two lines and later changed to include the division and got even longer)
    City: APO
    State: AE
    Zip code: blah blah whatever it was

As long as you get everything in between his name and apo onto one or two lines under address and make apo the city and AE (or whatever it is) the state you should be good. And unless you're near a base I wouldn't expect the people at the post office to know, my parents had a heck of a time getting any help at the po because they just weren't used to dealing with care packages.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    That's pretty much what it is
    at this point I'm thinking I'm just gonna leave it blank and let the guy at the post office fill it out for me
    Both post offices near me were useless. One even told me if they took the time to figure it all out and help everyone they'd never get to leave. Ummm, isn't it yourbjob to help with mail forms sir??

Google or the PP link may be more helpful, or even better if you have a post office where everyone doesn't appear to hate their job.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace." Tom Ziglar.
  7. Senior Member

Be sure to use all 9 digits of the zipcode or it will be returned to you.

8. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    Don't ask the postal worker for help, as they usually don't know much about APO addresses. Make sure you use the websites another user posted - they really help!
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HazeGray View Post
    Be sure to use all 9 digits of the zipcode or it will be returned to you.
    9? In this address there is only 5... but his mom mailed him a letter a few weeks ago that he got so I know the address is right...

Thanks for your help ladies!
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    9? In this address there is only 5... but his mom mailed him a letter a few weeks ago that he got so I know the address is right...

Thanks for your help ladies!
    I only ever used 5 digits in the Zip.

Also, if you can Fill it out online, it is SO much easier.. Fill it out, Pay for it, and Print out the label.. There will be two to a page and 2 pages.. You cut on the 'cut here' line..

Take those 4 to the post office with your box, they will give you a label holder.. Peel and Stick to the top of your box and the labels go in it.. It is easier to put the labels in it BEFORE you attach it to your box.

Doing everything online was much easier for me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast