Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Confused about address??

1. Regular Member

Confused about address??

Advertisements
    I've seen quite a few "examples" on what the address is supposed to look like... but the one DB gave me doesn't quite look like those. I mean, it's an APO address, and the zip code or whatever looks right but the unit part is where I'm confused because what he gave me isn't just "Unit 1234" for example... it's more detailed. Similar to the address he had at basic.
    I really want to send this package out so I can finally have it off my hands and he can finally get it... but I can't even address it because I'm not sure if it's right!
  2. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Go with what he gave you. It's likely accurate.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  3. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    Go with what he gave you. It's likely accurate.
    Make sure you write the address exactly the same with what he gave you. I had a little argument with a lady at the post office because she thoughts its not a valid US address (i sent it from overseas), and i politely asked her to type exactly the same. DB got his package in 2 weeks
  4. Senior Member
    Dh's had his name, unit/regiment, troop, platoon, and then APO, AE zip code.

But whatever he gave you is most likely right.
    Last edited by bdizzle; 02-18-2014 at 03:42 AM.

5. Banned
    Banned
    Without seeing it (and I don't suggest you putting it here) none of us can say whether or not it looks weird. Deployment addresses always look slightly different. Just use what he gave you. Why would he give you a wrong address?
  6. Senior Member
    My husband's was pretty detailed. Name (no rank), company, batallion, regiment, fob blah blah, apo, ae, zip code. After they moved there was even more info, like his brigade and division. It looked totally different than the first address we had, so don't stress that out doesn't look like what you're finding online. I'm sure whatever he gave you is accurate!
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maegan View Post
    My husband's was pretty detailed. Name (no rank), company, batallion, regiment, fob blah blah, apo, ae, zip code. After they moved there was even more info, like his brigade and division. It looked totally different than the first address we had, so don't stress that out doesn't look like what you're finding online. I'm sure whatever he gave you is accurate!
    They have us include rank on ours, so SSG Our Last Name, then all the other crap

And OP both Maegan's and my husband are Army, and they have it differently even within the same branch, so don't stress. Even if it looks weird, if your SO gave it to you, it's probably right.

8. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

What he gave you is probably right! I help people who are deploying/redeploying all the time and a ton of them have addresses like that, with a lot of detail about the specific unit/division/company etc. on there. If that's what he gave you, I would stick with that.

Alternatively, you could verify with the FRG that the address is correct? If you are in touch with them and a member and all.
  9. Regular Member
    Thanks! I finally sent it today and just used what he gave me. I just wanted to be sure,