Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Essentials!

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Blog Entries

Essentials!

Advertisements
    Hello all!
    Already sent out one care package with mainly food, so now I'm looking to send another out of mainly essentials. I've read through the previous posts, but I'm looking for your top 5 things to send. I asked my DB what he needed and of course no answer, so I wanted to find out what are some things that are crucial to send, whether it be for entertainment purposes, or a necessity. Any help is greatly appreciated!
  2. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

DH's favorite was sheets from home. We use jersey knit, and we both love how they feel. I also sent a pillow but it ended up being a giant expensive box, so if you want to stick to the flat rate size, just a sheet set would work. I washed them before sending them, and when he got them he said they smelled like home (really just the detergent/softener we use )

That's really the only essential I can think of.
  3. Senior Member

If you look on Pinterest, there are some great care package ideas.

4. Senior Member
    Where is he? That makes a big difference.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  5. Senior Member
    food, socks, baby wipes, crystal light/gatorade single serve packets, chapstick
  6. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Baby wipes, some kind of air freshener (I got DH the beads/odor absorbing kind), books/magazines, movies/tv shows to watch
  7. Senior Member
    DH stayed on the FOB the entire time, so he didn't *need* anything that I sent him the whole time. His favorite things were the pillow I had been sleeping on (agree with the big expensive box!), the flaps from the boxes (I decorated them and he cut them off and hung them up), and the mix CD's. His absolute favorite thing I sent him was the old broken screen from my cell phone that I had replaced while he was gone. It was just so very...me. It felt like he had a piece of me with him
  8. Uh-Lawn-Uh
    Uh-Lawn-Uh
    Like previous poster said, where he is at makes a big difference. DH needed baby wipes, gold bond foot powder, lotion, chap stick, toothpaste, floss. Stuff like that
  9. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    Where is he? That makes a big difference.
    He's in Afghanistan… any suggestions? I already sent him a food care package. Looking for something different ya know.
  10. Senior Member
    A lot of people send little toys, small nurf guns, puzzle books, and things like that. Just go to a dollar store or the toy aisle of Target, and look for small little entertainment things.

His favorite toiletries is always a good one as well. he can buy deodorant there, but maybe not the brand and scent he likes. Same thing with toothpaste and stuff like that. Don't send too much as he has to store it, but personal care items are a common care package thing.

My Dh was always on ships, but he loved having good coffee sent to him. Make sure it's allowable (I'd assume it is, but I know coffee cant be sent to Germany, so I guess it isn't always allowed everywhere).
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski