Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Timer

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Blog Entries

First Timer

Advertisements
    Hey all,

DB just left for deployment so I thought it was never too early to start planning his first care package. I've got a pretty good idea of what to send, but the address that he sent me makes no sense. Seems like just a bunch of random numbers and letters, hardly seems like the standard address I'm use to. Out of contact with him till he gets to his destination so any help making sense of how to put the proper address would be awesome. I'm hoping this isn't a completely idiotic question haha.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by scubasteve13 View Post
    Hey all,

DB just left for deployment so I thought it was never too early to start planning his first care package. I've got a pretty good idea of what to send, but the address that he sent me makes no sense. Seems like just a bunch of random numbers and letters, hardly seems like the standard address I'm use to. Out of contact with him till he gets to his destination so any help making sense of how to put the proper address would be awesome. I'm hoping this isn't a completely idiotic question haha.
    Sounds about right
    If it is a set of four or five (ish) lines of letters and numbers and his name it is probably the correct address and should be written exactly as he gave it to you - or did he send it as one long string of text with no apparent breaks where the line breaks would be (ie commas or spacing, etc)
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    What does an army soldiers apo address look like? - Yahoo! Answers - this has some fairly good examples of what an address might look like, though I have to say they appear much more simple than those we had during my DH's deployments.
  4. Senior Member
    I remember thinking that when I got DFs address. It does look like a bunch of random numbers and letter.

5. Senior Member
    http://www.skipcares.org/228/care-pa.../customs-form/

This was super helpful when filling out the customs forms
  6. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ZivaD View Post
    Sounds about right
    If it is a set of four or five (ish) lines of letters and numbers and his name it is probably the correct address and should be written exactly as he gave it to you - or did he send it as one long string of text with no apparent breaks where the line breaks would be (ie commas or spacing, etc)
    I wish I could tell you haha. He put spaces so at least it's not just a bunch of letters and numbers in one long line. I'd probably have to strangle him then The thing I'm struggling with most is whether they're roman numerals or lowercase L's. Oh the struggle is real haha.
  7. scotlandgrl53
    scotlandgrl53
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scubasteve13 View Post
    I wish I could tell you haha. He put spaces so at least it's not just a bunch of letters and numbers in one long line. I'd probably have to strangle him then The thing I'm struggling with most is whether they're roman numerals or lowercase L's. Oh the struggle is real haha.
    Does his unit have a facebook page or do you know someone else in the unit? It might be safest to PM the group and ask for the real ones or ask someone else you know.
    I need a
    a
    I don't have forever or

So don't let me

I AshleyO
  8. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eelizah View Post
    Does his unit have a facebook page or do you know someone else in the unit? It might be safest to PM the group and ask for the real ones or ask someone else you know.
    I've been looking for a Facebook page and haven't been able to find one. I've been talking to his mother a lot and she seems to be up to date with all of this so she'll probably know. Worse case I can message one of the wives I met whose DH left with him and see what she says. Everything is so confusing haha.
    Banned
    I have no answers but I seriously your name!
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Be-Bo View Post
    I have no answers but I seriously your name!
    So I'm not the only one - tell me, are you reading it in *the* voice?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast