Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Christmas gift ideas!

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Christmas gift ideas!

Advertisements
    I am struggling to come up with Christmas gift ideas for DH. His mom has already sent more food, snacks, candy, toiletries, and drinks then he can use up. He said most of the stuff he hasn't even had time to eat or use. I am looking for ideas besides the normal items. I was thinking of decorating the inside with Christmas theme and finding "our first Christmas" ornament since we just got married. What other things can I send for Christmas presents?
  2. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

Have you sent him a pillowcase/sheets from home? It wasn't for Christmas, but I think that was one of DH's favorite things. It smelled like home at first, and it was the soft comfy sheets we use, instead of the yucky ones they're given.
  3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    That's a great idea! He brought the fleece blanket I made him but he still has the yucky stuff! Maybe Ill send him his favorite pillow too! Thank you!
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I had pictures of me and the dog taken to send to DH for Christmas I hope he likes them!

I also bought a calendar today for 2014 (it's a theme relevant to our relationship). I was just gonna send it to him to count down the last bit till he comes home. But I just realized tonight that I should right little notes on the days for him!

I need to get it together and find some more stuff to wrap too! lol. I might end up buying practical stuff and wrapping that because he said he didn't want me to send anything I said tough luck, you're getting presents, lol. I'm hoping I can decorate the inside of the box too.

ETA: just remembered this, I'm working on a tradition of us having Christmas jammies, so I'm sending him his for this year too
  5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    That's always the response I get..."I don't need anything" Then I have to think extra hard about what he would really love! That calendar is a great idea.

Jammies is a great tradition. DHs family does that too and ever since we started dating I got pjs too!
  6. Senior Member
    I heard a song on the radio the other day that brought me to tears.. You can make a whole care package around it's lyrics and print out the lyrics to send to your SO (that's what I'm doing along with sending him a miniature Christmas tree from Michaels since this is our first christmas apart and I don't want him to be ba-humbug)

Clicky Clicky