Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Deployment Gift

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Deployment Gift

Advertisements
    This may not be the right place to ask, but I'm new to all of this.

I just found out today that my boyfriend is being deployed to Afghanistan.

I'm looking online for his deployment gift, and I want to get a charm to go on his dog tags. Is this allowed? Or what do y'all recommend? I want a charm of Mississippi because that's where we met and where I'm from, and then have something engraved on it. Any ideas?
  2. Regular Member
    I'm not sure if it's allowed, it probably is. It's a cute idea. When my db left, I gave him a digital photo keychain with pictures of us. I've also given him a little token to carry around in his pocket if he wanted. Both meant a lot to him.
  3. Senior Member
    I sent my Db a cute little guardian... a stuffed chibi I made. He sometimes gets picked on for it but he loves it.
  4. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by southern_belle88 View Post
    This may not be the right place to ask, but I'm new to all of this.

I just found out today that my boyfriend is being deployed to Afghanistan.

I'm looking online for his deployment gift, and I want to get a charm to go on his dog tags. Is this allowed? Or what do y'all recommend? I want a charm of Mississippi because that's where we met and where I'm from, and then have something engraved on it. Any ideas?
    I don't believe he can wear anything on his chain that holds his dog tags. I've never seen in it in over 21 years. My DH wears a necklace when not wearing his dog tags--and it's a religious charm. There are strict rules and regs regarding their uniform and the dog tags are part of that in certain situations(deployments). He can carry it around on his person in his pocket.
  5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Thank y'all for responding! I will look around for something he can carry with him
  6. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by snowangel729 View Post
    I sent my Db a cute little guardian... a stuffed chibi I made. He sometimes gets picked on for it but he loves it.
    I gave DH something similar to this, a little stuffed cat and he really loved it too! He didn't say anything about being picked on for it but I don't think anyone but him knew he had it ... he can be very secretive lol.