Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Care package ideas

1. Regular Member
    He is currently stationed at fort hood but I am still home in Maryland
    Blog Entries

Care package ideas

Advertisements
    So i'm getting ready to send him the first care package and i'm not exactly sure what to put in it. I know that i can google ideas and such but i wanted some perspective from some people that have sent care packages before. Thanks guys!
  2. Senior Member
    theres all sorts of ideas for care packages in this section check out some of the other threads here, lots of ladies upload pictures as well of their packages! Also check out the sticky thread above "care package ideas." Lots of good information!
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Try asking him too what he needs/ wants/ favorite brands. I know I sent DF baby wipes in every cp until he went,"I didn't even finish the 1st pack" so I stopped.
    "You think you know what you're looking for, till what you're looking for finds you."
  4. Regular Member
    He is currently stationed at fort hood but I am still home in Maryland
    Blog Entries
    okay thanks guys
  5. Regular Member
    We are practical people, so I really only stuff the CP with what I know he can use and will like. Where he is there isn't a microwave so I stay with the beef jerky, the crackers and chicken salad, chips and crackers, coffee and powdered creamer, gatorade and powdered drinks (for the bottled water), trail mixes, etc. Also, a big one is energy shots (I get the Monsters from Big Lots and they are only $1). I just recently sent him a pillow in a space-bag. I also raid my neighbors and family's fridges for any little packages of condiments. OMG, they can't get enough Taco Bell sauce and whatever I send

A few boxes I have sent cake-in-jar and lots of cookies but those cp are just additional boxes to what I send bi-weekly.

I would absolutely ask him what he needs and wants. I sent baby wipes in the beginning, razors and toothpaste but that is something he can get there easily. So, it just depends.