Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Food

1. Senior Member

Food

Advertisements
    I need some ideas for different foods I can send DH. He can't force another MRE down his throat and he's so tired of tuna and beef jerky. It needs to be more "meal Like" than snacks. I think I've sent just about everything there is to send, but as always I'm sure there's something I could be missing, so suggest away!
  2. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

If he can boil water, mountain home dehydrated meals are DELICIOUS. We eat them whenever we're camping and anyone who tries them loves them and the military people who try them are like "Whhhhhhhhhy do they give us MREs when we could be eating this deliciousness!". They're seriously amazing. I may or may not have even eaten one or two at home when DH was deployed and I could have cooked

Anyway, we use a jetboil for it, but I don't think they can really use them over there because of the fuel canisters but if he can figure out a way to get boiling water he'd be all set.
  3. Senior Member
    No, he doesn't right now. He will eventually though, so I might go ahead and buy some of those, thanks!
  4. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  5. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I sent DH some Chef Boyardee or Hormel microwavable meals. I don't know if he has access to a microwave (or something to heat them up) but if he does then at least it's something warm and filling.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    I sent DH some Chef Boyardee or Hormel microwavable meals. I don't know if he has access to a microwave (or something to heat them up) but if he does then at least it's something warm and filling.
    or those barilla pasta bowls you just add water and microwave
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    My husband loved those meals.

Also look for meals like chili or soups that have pop tops that he can heat.

I could give you some other ideas but I need to know if he has a microwave or if he is heating things in the field.
    http://militarysos.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8121&dateline=1213248817 TAKEN AT NISQUALLY WILDLIFE PRESERVE