Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: SO's Birthday Care Package

1. Senior Member

Help SO's Birthday Care Package

Advertisements
    My SO FINALLY got me his address, but I have absolutely no idea what to send him in his birthday care package. I know this is going to sound bad of me, but I just hate hate hate sending care packages. I feel like most of the things that other people put into care packages he isn't into. He doesn't really eat candy, he has access to pretty much anything he needs there, between him and his guys they have all of the movies/games in the world, and he isn't into silly things that people sometimes put into their CP's. On past deployments, his location has been more remote so it was easier to know what he needed. I just have no idea what to send him now, but I don't want to be a bad SO and not send him a package. I thought about doing a cake in a jar for one thing, but I can't cook worth a damn if we are being honest and I'm afraid it will be stale by the time it gets there. I'm getting frustrated with my lack of ideas and I need to send this out next week. Any suggestions?

"May you never go to hell, but always be on your way."
  2. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    be silly. be honest. be kind.
    He would have access to everything that he could want if he was home, too. What would you get him then? What DOES he like?

"The purpose of life is not to simply be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

3. Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    I've done cake in a jar, and it took 2 months to get to my friend, and he said it was still delish, so don't worry about staleness.
    If you can bake cookies, putting a piece of bread in the container keeps them moist, so you could do that if you're afraid of the cakes.

You can still send him games, movies, etc. It's his birthday... what would you buy him at home? Even Iif he has access to stuff, its nice to receive those things as gifts.
  4. Senior Member
    for dh's birthday package last year, i got some stuff from a craft store to decorate the flaps of the box and some tissue paper to cover up the goodies. i sent him some of his favorite candy (i made a trip up to a jellybelly shop to get him a mixed bag of his fave flavors!) and some other snacks. i put in a framed photo of me and our kitties, he loved that and had it on his desk each time he moved over there. i included a few cards, from me and of course our cats lol i did the cake in a jar, but was so nervous about it. it took a while to get there and it wasnt stale but he said it tasted a little funny by then. he did eat some though. i had also put in some birthday oreos, just incase the cake didnt go over well! so he loved that! i also made him a huge tie quilt, it took me two weeks to finish and my hands were hurting! but it came out incredible and he loved it so much! i sent that and a nice pillow (he was complaining about the tiny pillows they had, or that he was using a poncho as a pillow, so he loved that as well. i included a plain black pillowcase and sprayed the crap out of all the fabric with my perfume. he was definitely happy!!!

you know your SO best send what you think will make him smile, send him things that will remind him of you. he will seriously love anything you send! it will make him feel special and thought about no matter what it is!

5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Oh, totally send him a pillowcase with your perfume! I sent DH with one when he left and I guess all the guys flipped over it. All the wives keep telling me they're sending pillowcases with perfume in their CPs now, lol.
  6. Senior Member
    Thanks for all of the tips! So far I think that I am going to send him:
    -A nice headset for us to use to skype, because his sucks and I can't hear him
    - A couple of magazines he likes
    -2 cards, one for his birthday and then another just because
    -Birthday Oreos
    - A framed picture of us
    - And powdered detergent because he hates the kind they are having to use

And that's all I have so far haha. I'm putting together another care package for one of our best friends, and it has been so much easier than putting one together for my SO, not sure what that means ha. Someone asked what I would get him if he were home... A really nice Movado watch, probably some clothes which would be more for me than for him... I like fashion but he would rather spend his money on other things ha, and then either concert tickets or a weekend away to Savannah.

"May you never go to hell, but always be on your way."