Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: What would you want in a CP?

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

What would you want in a CP?

Advertisements
    I know this site is mostly women. So if I may, I have some questions for all of you. I love all the ideas on the holiday CP, and I want to make those too. What would you want or like to receive? What products are you loyal to? What would make you feel comfortable? I have tons of pictures, cards, gifts. But more on the lines of what would make day to day life a little easier for her. I will ask her when I can, but I want to have as many ideas as possible before hand also. Thank you so much!
  2. Air Force Girlfriend
    Air Force Girlfriend
    Ok...so i dont know exactly what is allowed or not, but personally, I'd enjoy books or magazines (Cosmo/People/whatever her favorite is). Maybe some comfort snacks (cookies/chocolates/etc). As far as hygiene goes, maybe some baby wipes? That's all I can think of at the moment, other than the regular family pictures or day-to-day stories.

Hopefully this helps a bit. I'm sure she'll love just getting anything from you. Feel free to PM me if you'd like!
  3. Senior Member

My Mom always sent magazines and things to keep me entertained like small toys (Tiny etch a sketch, coloring books, the little view finder you put the pictures in, tiny capsules you put in water that turn in to animals and other things). Sounds silly but it was always fun to see what she put in it each time. I got tired of getting candy and food all the time so she would change it up.

Think outside the box!
  4. Senior Member

A small container of lotion. Being one of the only females with 40+ guys - they start to get a little gross, and don't smell so great.....

5. Senior Member
    Chocolate, and snacks. And I always send little toys too, mostly as jokes.
  6. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Thank you for more ideas! Small toys and little joke items are cool. when I get them together I will post pics and ideas as they come
  7. Senior Member
    Almost everything that he couldn't eat ended up getting thrown out, or set on top of the Hesco barrier "free pile".. So I'd just send stupid things like Slinkies and Silly Putty, dollar store treasures, bottles of bubbles.. Things that would hold his attention for about 2 minutes, then passed on to the next guy..

Know what he liked? I sent him an Origami book and Origami paper. He taught himself how to make little paper elephants and shit. I think I got it off Amazon.
  8. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by leftover View Post
    Almost everything that he couldn't eat ended up getting thrown out, or set on top of the Hesco barrier "free pile".. So I'd just send stupid things like Slinkies and Silly Putty, dollar store treasures, bottles of bubbles.. Things that would hold his attention for about 2 minutes, then passed on to the next guy..

Know what he liked? I sent him an Origami book and Origami paper. He taught himself how to make little paper elephants and shit. I think I got it off Amazon.
    The origami book is a really good idea. I think my DB would love that. Adding to my Christmas cp. Thanks!!
  9. Senior Member
    Is she on a ship or on land?

I know that when DH has given me ship tours, everything smelled pretty unpleasant, all over the ship. A couple of sachets (with a very light fragrance so as not to bother those around her) to put in her drawers or locker might be nice.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Can you send her her favorite shampoo and conditioner or soap? I think that if I were thousands of miles away from everything I know, the one thing I would miss the most (besides my friends/family/pets/all the super duper important stuff, I'm talking about the non-serious stuff here) would be my favorite shampoo and conditioner... Especially if I didn't get to shower as much as I would normally at home, when I did get to shower, being able to use "my stuff" would make me super duper happy I think. Granted, I have no idea how often your SO gets to shower haha, but that would be important to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Brite View Post
    There needs to be a blowing rainbows, sunshine, butterflies, and happiness up an asshole smiley.
    ]