Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else identify with this? DB does NOT want care packages!

1. Banned
    Banned

Anyone else identify with this? DB does NOT want care packages!

Advertisements
    As many of you are aware, because I post ALL the time (ha), my DB will be leaving very, very soon. We're so deeply in love, and communicate every day, especially when he's gone. I make a point to text him in the morning, and he does the same. Then we have lovely conversations at night that last for close to an hour. It means so much to me, because I know he is under a lot of pressure and the training he's going through - as y'all are aware - is intense and exhausting. Anyway, he's attached, and I'm attached.

That said, he has made it clear on several occasions that he does NOT want care packages. We really don't talk about his deployment or what will happen to us while he's away. That sucks, but it's how he deals with it.

But I am just wondering, can anyone else identify with this?

He's explained the reasons why, and I completely understand, so I am curious if others have deploying spouses/gfs/bfs who don't want care packages - if so, what do they say to you, i.e., what is their explanation for not wanting such things sent to them?

Thanks for the help.

Hugs to all of you and yours!
  2. Senior Member
    at first exDB told me he didnt want any. he said he could get everything he needed there so he didnt need me to spend any. i told him that it upset me a bit cause that was something i was looking forward to doing to help me through the deployment and then he told me i could send one (i sent 2 total while he was gone) and he loved it. give it some time and maybe he will come around
  3. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    What are his reasonings for not wanting them?

life's a party, rock your body
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Explain to him that the CP's are for YOU, not him. And he is going to get some sparkly pretty pink hand painted boxes to show off to all his friends!
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  5. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    Explain to him that the CP's are for YOU, not him. And he is going to get some sparkly pretty pink hand painted boxes to show off to all his friends!
    Mine are not pink!

6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsjennyy View Post
    Mine are not pink!
    No, I am sure you layer the boxes in flattened PBR cans or labels.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  7. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    No, I am sure you layer the boxes in flattened PBR cans or labels.
    Or...draw them. Look at my new thread. But I like your idea better!

8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I remember seeing a thread a while back with someone saying their SO didn't want care packages either. Can't remember who though.

"You are platinum in a world gone grey."
  9. Banned
    Banned
    Did you ever give a gift to a boyfriend who rejected it, except this individual? He is telling you clearly who matters -- the military is his spouse.

A gift is not a purchase -- you had to expend energy to earn the money, go to a store, pack the goods. Use every penny you earned to go into your desires.

He is telling you something quite significant. His money goes to him, your money, until you are further committed, should go to you.

You sound intelligent, find a career --doesn't have to be fabulous -- just earn your own money, maybe stop communicating with him for 90 days, and only short messages. Then see.

Good luck!
  10. Senior Member
    DH said he didn't want me to send him anything. I didn't listen to him and just sent him what I thought he would want or need and after that he always found something else he wanted me to send. DH is the type to not ask for what he wants if he thinks it's going to inconvenience me so I just did what I thought he really wanted.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast