Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Running out of ideas

1. Regular Member

Running out of ideas

Advertisements
    Hey Everyone:

So I might have gone overboard the first few months as I've sent one care package for every month he has been gone (yes I know). He has really appreciated it and says how much it makes him feel missed. But now I've run out of ideas.

I'll be going out in two months to see him and I probably won't send another one until the holidays but I was wondering what other people have put into care packages for non deployed members. Anything would be a great help.
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NightBreeze View Post
    Hey Everyone:

So I might have gone overboard the first few months as I've sent one care package for every month he has been gone (yes I know). He has really appreciated it and says how much it makes him feel missed. But now I've run out of ideas.

I'll be going out in two months to see him and I probably won't send another one until the holidays but I was wondering what other people have put into care packages for non deployed members. Anything would be a great help.
    I just got this book for DH... What I Love About You: Kate Marshall, David Marshall: 9780767923156: Amazon.com: Books I'm gonna fill it out and send it to him (he's deployed) but it might be cute to get two, send him one, and then when you're both done send them back to each other?

Also, DH is deployed so I don't know how practical it is for us, but I suggested it to him and he agreed. I'm gonna buy two of the same DVD and send him one and keep one myself and then we can watch them together (or at least at the same time, you guys could probably watch on the phone together). Then I'll send him candy and stuff to go with it or course.

I dunno what you've done already so that's what I've got that I haven't necessarily heard too much before.
  3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    My husband and I have a notebook that we send back and forth. I'll write a few pages, send it, he' ll write a few pages, send it back, and so on. I also stick pictures and stuff in there. We love it. Plus it's SO good looking back on previous pages and seeing the old countdown numbers and being so much further ahead.

I love the DVD idea! I've done that and it works. We save them for "date nights". It's nice to do things together.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Check out this thread

Open When.... Letters
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan