Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unwanted Care Packages?

1. Regular Member

Unwanted Care Packages?

Advertisements
    About a month ago, DB asked me to not send any more care packages with stuff he would have to bring home. I said "no problem, so what about food stuff?" and he responded "sure." Now, I took that to mean he still wanted baked goods... Okay, so a few weeks later I made him cookie-cakes for his birthday. He said thank you, enjoyed them, and all was good.

2 weeks later I wrote to DB about me trying to make a new cookie recipe to send to him. It failed miserably and i thought it was a funny story, so I told him about it since they weren't getting shipped. (usually I keep it a surprise) The next morning I get a short message back from DB: "If you sent another care package I'm going to be so mad. I told you not to send any more, why didn't you listen."

Woah nelly! Definitely not the reaction I was expecting... We talked it out and he said it was implied to not send anything after his birthday, which is complete BS to me, but I apologized and we moved on with our lives. Nothing got sent anyway.

I send one box a month and it's almost always some kind of baked goods. I cram the box full, because I know there is a table for the guys to put stuff to share. Only one box had a DVD, so it's not like I'm sending him boxes of crap he has to bring back.

SO, my question is why would he not want care packages anymore? I just dont understand why it's a bad thing. I asked him why not and he said "I just don't want any." He knows that baking is a hobby of mine and it's a way to keep me occupied. Honestly, sometimes it feels like sending a care package is just as much for my well-being as it is for him. If there is nobody around to feed, I just don't bake.

If he had been clear from the start it wouldn't have bothered me as much, but now I'm just confused.
  2. Regular Member
    Who knows. My Db...or ex db or whatever the hell he is - he never wanted me to send any packages and wouldn't even give me his mailing address! He knows I love spoiling him but I think it just would have been too hard. Who knows. But my man is all kinds of fucked up and I can't speak for yours!
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

You can send ME your baked goods

I have no clue why he does not want them. Have you asked him why he does not want them anymore?
  4. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    When DB was deployed, I loved sending care packages! I would have been really upset if he told me to stop sending them Does he know how they help you and how you enjoy making them?

5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I would try not to take him not wanting packages personally. His delivery about not wanting them sucked and he should be held accountable for that, but its not out of the norm for some people to all of a sudden not want packages. Could be stress, could be mail issues, could be wanting to cut back on junk food, could be making him miss you and home more, and so on.

If it helps you to bake, I would check into adopting a solider or seeing if the local fire house is interested in some baked goods!
  6. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by His*PITA* View Post
    I would try not to take him not wanting packages personally. His delivery about not wanting them sucked and he should be held accountable for that, but its not out of the norm for some people to all of a sudden not want packages. Could be stress, could be mail issues, could be wanting to cut back on junk food, could be making him miss you and home more, and so on.

If it helps you to bake, I would check into adopting a solider or seeing if the local fire house is interested in some baked goods!
    That's a fantastic idea! I hadn't even thought of that!
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Ugh that was rude. It strikes me as strange that he wouldn't want them and used not wanting to carry stuff back as an excuse (when there was verry little he would actually have to carry back).

~Art Page~
    Germy = wifey
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Is it possible he's coming home soon? Maybe he wants it to be a surprise.

I agree with Sam though. Shitty delivery, but not totally unusual.
  9. Senior Member
    exDB basically didn't want any care packages. he was able to get a lot of what he needed there so he didn't need much. it actually really upset me to not be able to send them, so he let me send him a couple.
  10. Senior Member
    I would be so sad if DH acted like that You can send me baked goods if you want.... I'm in Germany I need care packages

I like PITAs idea of seeing if you can adopt a solider, someone out there will appreciate your care packages!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast