Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Care Package Ideas

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Care Package Ideas

Advertisements
    Ok so my DF left on his first deployment on Monday and of course once again I can't sleep so I am trying to be productive. I have heard some different things on what the guys really need and don't need. I want to get him a care package in the mail as soon as he gets there so he can have something to cheer him up shortly after he is settled. I have some personal ideas of things to throw in there but since I am new to this I need some suggestions on maybe some necessities that these bases might not always have or things that are hard to get. He is going to be on one of the larger Airforce bases which is why I am thinking that a lot of what he needs he will be able to get without any issues. Anyone who has been through this if you have some suggestions that would be great. I don't want to send him something that he can just get himself.
  2. Miss Suit&Tie
    Miss Suit&Tie

Yup, I'm in the same boat. I've been doing a lot of baking but don't think it a good idea anymore
  3. Senior Member
    I almost always sent DH homemade stuff. Pumpkin bread or banana bread mostly. If you individually plastic wrap them, they seemed to travel pretty well. I typically would wait for him to tell me things he couldn't find there so I could send things he wanted.
  4. Senior Member
    One thing to remember is just because he can buy something doesn't mean that you shouldn't. Send his favorite snacks and drinks. Even if he can buy it there he'll appreciate that you thought of him and know what he likes.

Standard things that I send are baby wipes, trail mix, jerky, Mike and Ikes, mio, 5 hour energies, other candy, pistachios.

Then sometimes I'll put in a card game, puzzle, whatever. I also subscribed to sports illustrated, national geographic, and game informer and send them. They get passed around a lot
  5. Senior Member
    Oh, also send fun sheets! I sent Spiderman and superman for our friend.

I also put a bunch of snack size Ziploc baggies so he can take a pocketful of snacks out with him. And a fan for his room. The ones they can buy there are like $20. I also sent a pillow since he was using his puss pad as a pillow