Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Is It Too Early To...

1. Senior Member

Is It Too Early To...

Advertisements
    Send a St. Patty's day package from east coast to Iraq/Kuwait region?

Ok so I have a lot of ideas for a St. Patty's day package and since the weather is bad here on the east I figured this would be the perfect weekend to get it done. But I am wondering if it would be too early to ship off now?

Have you guys ever sent a package that got there REALLY early and what did he say when he got it? LOl
  2. Senior Member
    You never know how long it will take to get there either. I've sent some to DB that have taken 2 weeks, but others that took 2 months to get to him. I don't think it would be too early to send. DB never complained getting a care package early He was just happy to receive something.
    "True love doesn't mean being inseparable; it means being separated and nothing changes."

3. Senior Member
    It can take weeks to get where it is going so you are probably on the ball if you sent it out now. That way, even if it takes a little while it can reach him in time. I don't think he would mind getting it early. Plus, if there aren't any perishable yummies in there, you could always put "don't open until St. Patty's" on the box

NotThatMonkey is my awesome Wifey
  4. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I was thinking of sending my St Patty's Day CP this week too, but I ended up just sending a batch of cookies on Friday to "hold him over" until the big St. Pattys Day CP ! I'm sure no one would ever complain about getting a CP early though!!
  5. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure DH never cared when the CP got there. As long as it made it, early or late, he was over the moon that I would put that much effort into something for him and his shop.

Do I personally think it's to early? Nope. I think it is really good timing if you get it in the mail on Monday!
  6. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    how long have your other packages taken? When my brother and DH were in Afghanistan, it took about 2-3 weeks. Iraq always seemed about 2 weeks for me, but that was years ago.

www.SnarkyFit.com