Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Properly filling out customs forms

1. Regular Member

Properly filling out customs forms

Advertisements
    I was just curious if there was more than one way to properly fill out a customs form? I am sending care packages to Afghanistan and the postal worker helped me fill out my first customs form and I've been doing it the way she showed me ever since. My first package took a month to arrive and when it did DB said that the post office had made markings on the outside of the box and said he was surprised it didn't get sent back to me. My second package was mailed over three weeks ago and still hasn't arrived. DB's grandma has been sending packages and her's are getting there is about a week, but she's filling out the address on the customs form different then how I've been doing it. I am wondering if this has anything to do with it?
  2. Senior Member
    My packages only took about a week and a half to get to my husband when he was in Afghanistan. There must be something you're not doing right.
  3. Regular Member
    Mine are taking about 2 1/2 weeks to get to Egypt...how exactly are you doing it??

4. Regular Member
    I've saved a copy of a past form but I can't seem to find it. But I think I've been doing the PLT/company under address, APO as city, AE as state and then the zip in the zip code spot. He showed me what the ones his grandma has been sending look like and her's look more like they're written out like a typical address.
  5. Senior Member
    i fill out his name where it specifies name. "2/7 wpns co" under company/business name (thats his battalion/platoon), then the unit on the address line, FPO as the city, AP as the state and the zip in the zip code part.
    we kicked deployment #2's butt!

6. Regular Member
    hmmm so the only thing I am doing different is not putting anything in the business name part and then putting the platoon and company in the address line.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

8. I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home
    I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home

Quote Originally Posted by nicoleclare View Post
    i fill out his name where it specifies name. "2/7 wpns co" under company/business name (thats his battalion/platoon), then the unit on the address line, FPO as the city, AP as the state and the zip in the zip code part.
    That's what I do, and sounds like what you're doing, as well. Priority mail gets there faster than regular mail. Is his gma sending it priority or flat rate and you're sending it regular mail?
  9. Regular Member
    I've been sending it in those priority flat rate boxes and I am pretty sure she has as well. My second package got there after 3.5 weeks so the timing for them both has been consistant.
  10. Senior Member
    well, i see you live in washington. where does your DB's grandma live? that could definitely affect how long it takes packages to get to places.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast