Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: CP when overseas (Japan) but not deployed

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Nutts CP when overseas (Japan) but not deployed

Advertisements
    So I'm really excited about sending a CP to DB who is stationed in Japan but now I'm not sure if it makes sense since he's not deployed. I have a couple questions:

1) I'm not 100% sure what to put in the CP since he's not deployed and can basically buy everything he needs. So far I'm thinking I will put his Christmas present in it and I was going to do a little 'stay warm' theme (with a funny hat, funny Christmas socks, a blanket, hand warmers) since he said it's cold over there. I just don't know what food stuff to put. He doesn't really eat many snacks and I figure everything he wants he can get in Japan.

2) Has anyone sent a CP to Japan? How long does it take to get there? I want to time it so it gets there as close to Christmas Day as possible. Also, his ship may be underway sometime before Christmas so I don't know if that will affect the timing of everything.

3) Do the same restrictions on batteries (no Li batteries) and stuff apply for sending a package to Japan?
    Last edited by GingerGirl15; 11-25-2012 at 11:43 AM. Reason: added another question
  2. Senior Member
    My fiance's in Afghanistan, so I can't really speak to the Japan part of your questions, but as for what to send him... you could always send him stuff that he can't get in Japan. What about a sweatshirt with his favorite team/college? Or foods that he likes that aren't available over there? (Ie. I just sent my fiance Panera bagels... even though he can get bagels at the DFAC, he was excited to get ones from home. :-) )
    Follow on Twitter @JoMyGosh
  3. AMD
    We live in Korea and our parents still send us "care packages." They send us candy, treats, games, random things we don't need, etc. The love is still felt, even if we can buy the stuff that's in the box (although, a lot of times, we can't). And I know the guys that are here without loved ones, LOVE when they get a package or letter from home. It's like Christmas in the mail room.

Priority Mail/Flat Rate Boxes usually arrive within two weeks. However, with the holidays, I would send it as soon as you can. Since it's MPS, delivery times aren't guaranteed and can take as long as two months.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by jomygosh View Post
    My fiance's in Afghanistan, so I can't really speak to the Japan part of your questions, but as for what to send him... you could always send him stuff that he can't get in Japan. What about a sweatshirt with his favorite team/college? Or foods that he likes that aren't available over there? (Ie. I just sent my fiance Panera bagels... even though he can get bagels at the DFAC, he was excited to get ones from home. :-) )
    Quote Originally Posted by AMD View Post
    We live in Korea and our parents still send us "care packages." They send us candy, treats, games, random things we don't need, etc. The love is still felt, even if we can buy the stuff that's in the box (although, a lot of times, we can't). And I know the guys that are here without loved ones, LOVE when they get a package or letter from home. It's like Christmas in the mail room.

Priority Mail/Flat Rate Boxes usually arrive within two weeks. However, with the holidays, I would send it as soon as you can. Since it's MPS, delivery times aren't guaranteed and can take as long as two months.
    Thanks for the replies! This is helpful. I was planning to send the package off sometime next week.