Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Customs Forms..?

1. Regular Member

Customs Forms..?

Advertisements
    I have a couple boxes..I'm very new to this.. They say they're military flat rate boxes...well, actually they say 'mili-frb' and I'm just assuming...anyway, it has a space for an APO address and whatnot...do I still need a customs form? D:
  2. Senior Member
    Yes, you need a customs form. Also, you do not have to use the ones that say "military" on them, you can use any priority mail or priority mail flat rate box. You can even use your own boxes, but I really don't suggest that.
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

if you are sending over seas you always need a customs from.
  4. Senior Member
    The military flat rate boxes are free too! Just go grab some from your post office or call them and have an entire kit delivered to you (6 boxes in all, 3 different sizes, with custom forms and tape)
  5. Wibbly, wobbly, timey, wimey stuff.
    Wibbly, wobbly, timey, wimey stuff.
    Whether or not you're sending them overseas doesn't matter. You will need a customs form to ship to FPO/APO addresses. DB is stationed in VA, and I still had to fill out a customs form.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mlc311 View Post
    The military flat rate boxes are free too! Just go grab some from your post office or call them and have an entire kit delivered to you (6 boxes in all, 3 different sizes, with custom forms and tape)
    ALL of the boxes are free. Except those stupid smart post ones in the post office.
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
  7. Regular Member
    Thanks guys! Figured it all out... On my way to being a shipping genius! ^.^
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    OK so I've completed my package and want to mail it out this week. I've filled out the customs form (I guessed for most of the weights and values, hope that's ok ) now I have a probably dumb question. Do I have to put these in the package, stick it to the box or just hand it in at the post office?
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerGirl15 View Post
    OK so I've completed my package and want to mail it out this week. I've filled out the customs form (I guessed for most of the weights and values, hope that's ok ) now I have a probably dumb question. Do I have to put these in the package, stick it to the box or just hand it in at the post office?
    You have to wait in line at the post office, just hand it to them then. They will put it in a plastic envelope and stick it on the package. They have to stamp all of the carbon copies first.
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by azarmygf View Post
    You have to wait in line at the post office, just hand it to them then. They will put it in a plastic envelope and stick it on the package. They have to stamp all of the carbon copies first.
    Ok thanks great!