Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Batteries

1. Regular Member

Batteries

Advertisements
    Hi,
    My boyfriend's phone broke which has all of his music on it, so I was thinking of buying him a portable CD player since you can't mail lithium batteries. My question is, does anyone know if regular AA batteries have any lithium in them?
  2. Senior Member
    If i'm not mistaken normal batteries like AA or AAA Duracell are alkaline based batteries so you should be okay sending those! Lithium is generally used for more specific purchases such as cell phones, computers and kindles etc!
  3. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lyssalou View Post
    If i'm not mistaken normal batteries like AA or AAA Duracell are alkaline based batteries so you should be okay sending those! Lithium is generally used for more specific purchases such as cell phones, computers and kindles etc!
    Okay, that's what I thought but I wanted to make sure. Thank you!
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    YOU aren't supposed to mail them, but I believe stores can, such as amazon, etc.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  5. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    YOU aren't supposed to mail them, but I believe stores can, such as amazon, etc.
    If you put batteries on the custom form, there's a good chance they'll make you take them out.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  6. Regular Member
    So, should I send the CD player and mail him batteries through Amazon, OR should I just put the batteries in the CD player and not include them on the custom form?
  7. Senior Member
    Just mail them and don't claim them on the customs form I sent DB something with a lithium battery too no prob. But I didn't know you aren't supposed to! Probably would have sent it anyway
  8. Regular Member
    Okay thanks ladies!