Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Rice Krispies/ baked goods

1. Regular Member

Rice Krispies/ baked goods

Advertisements
    DB sent me a link for a rice krispies treats recipes he thought sounded delicious, as well as some other halloween treats. I only JUST got his address the other day, but would love to send him some in his first CP.

Doe home made rice krispie treats ship well? What is the secret to egtting them over there while "still good" without them being too moist?

Who thinks they have found the best way to ship cookies? I have heard pringles cans, but feel like the cookies would either go bad by the time they get tehre or would taste like pringles. I'm new at this overseas thing, so maybe these are silly questions...

Also, has anyone sent those mini pretzles with melted hershykisses on top of them? And if so, how do you get them over there without them melting/ turning into a giant glob?
  2. The LDR that never ends..
    The LDR that never ends..
    send chocolate goods in winter, youll be find to send the Pretzel hugs right now. just make them the day or night before you ship and seal them well because when I make them a week later theyre not near as good. Ive packed cookies in glad containers stacked with a piece of bread for moisture.
    I have sent krispies but i usually just sent the packaged ones or the "massive party krispie"
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    All I know is that when DH was in Desert Storm (yes, he is old ) his mom sent a package with rice crispy treats and from the telling I have heard they did not arrive well at all.............
  4. Senior Member
    My Food Saver is my best friend. It hasn't failed me yet. The cookies might get there smooshed, but they will be fresh. :-)
    Follow on Twitter @JoMyGosh
  5. Breathe and chill
    Breathe and chill
    Blog Entries

I couldn't send DF anything fresh while he was deployed because there was such a variance in how long it took him to get packages because they were so remote.

But it sounds yummy!
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it like a boss.

6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    IIRC the issue with the rice crispy treats was that MIL had carefully wrapped each one in plastic wrap and they arrived fresh enough, but melted TO the plastic wrap -- they were still edible, though, as DH and his friends scraped and licked them off of the plastic (this was pre-me so )
  7. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZivaD View Post
    IIRC the issue with the rice crispy treats was that MIL had carefully wrapped each one in plastic wrap and they arrived fresh enough, but melted TO the plastic wrap -- they were still edible, though, as DH and his friends scraped and licked them off of the plastic (this was pre-me so )
    what if i wrapped them in wax paper first and then in seran wrap really tightly?
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPhoenix15 View Post
    what if i wrapped them in wax paper first and then in seran wrap really tightly?
    In my mind, that would work
  9. The LDR that never ends..
    The LDR that never ends..
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPhoenix15 View Post
    couldnt hurt. tell him if smells funny or becomes a rock to not eat it