Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: DB seems to have nearly everything he needs

1. Senior Member

Confused DB seems to have nearly everything he needs

Advertisements
    I'm trying to think of ideas for things to put in a CP for DB because he seems to have nearly everything he needs. I'm glad that he is so lucky to have everything there but still would love to send him things that are useful or he would like.
    He wants to get fitter whilst he is there so has asked me not to send him lots of sweets and unhealthy foods but he seems to have all the shower/health/food things he needs there.
    The last CP i sent him had flipflops and a fan (because he needed them) his favourite magazine, a few food bits and photos and letters in.
    He isn't the sort that would like (or would like to open in front of people) CP's that were decorated or had things like toys in so just wondering if anyone has any other ideas?
  2. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

If it's affordable or do-able for you I sent dh an old iPod I had and bought episodes of his favorite shows on iTunes and mailed it to him. Once he watched everything on there he mailed it back and I filled it up again. Just an idea. It is pricey to do that but dh loved it.
  3. Banned
    Banned
    You don't have to send him logical stuff! I send DB random things as a joke. My last package out was just random inside jokes. I made a mini-pillow in the shape of an 8, sent him caffeinated candy cause I always yell at him about his damn coffee consumption, sour patch kids cause he got the flu from the flu nasal spray and he always craves sour patch kids after he's sick, and a deck of cards that were "52 things I am going to do to you when you get home". He's been gone 9 months... I have more than 52. Ha!

My goal with every letter and package is to just make him laugh, have fun with it!
  4. Senior Member
    I'm in the same situation as you! My fiance wants to get fitter while he's over there, so I have been (trying) to send him mostly healthy things. I know John absolutely loves those single serve, flavored tuna packets. I've also made him healthy treats-- flavored nuts, trailmix, granola bars, etc. And, when I want to send him unhealthy things, I send him stuff to share with his office. :-) That way he doesn't have to feel like he's required to eat everything by himself.
    Follow on Twitter @JoMyGosh
  5. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I sent DH lots of healthy snacks, because he could only fit so much in his tent, and when he had days off it was nice for him if he could stay in bed all day instead of having to get up to go get food. He also was working on getting fit so I sent a lot of protein stuff and healthy snacks.

One of the offices had a Keurig so I sent lots of Starbucks K-cups, you could see if there's anything like that around that he could take advantage of and have you send him.

Does your DH have a laptop? DH said the best things I sent him were music and movies to watch on the laptop, because that was his escape. I also bought him a tablet for when he was out there so he could play games and read.
  6. Senior Member
    thanks guys there's some really good ideas here thinking of sending him a memory stick with some movies/programs on and maybe record some messages on it from me and our friends for him to watch. I'll have a think about some healthy things i can send him and i love the card deck of what you will do ideas he will deffo enjoy that haha thank you
  7. Regular Member
    How are you guys going about getting the movies onto the laptop/flash drive? I was gonna burn the DVDs I had onto it but didn't know about the DVDs I didn't own but wanted to download?

He just asked me to fill his laptop up with that kind of stuff and I have no idea how to pack it full!