Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: First Time (for him and me) CP

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

First Time (for him and me) CP

Advertisements
    This might be premature since I haven't even started, but I'm really excited. An old friend of mine that I knew when I was in high school just got deployed for the first time 3 weeks ago.

I don't know him that well--I haven't even seen him in like 2 years--but I just want to send him something to let him know that he is loved and being thought of.

Since I don't know what he likes, I'm wondering what you all think he might NEED. Its his first time out there and my first time putting together a CP.

My idea so far is to do a Beach/Father's Day Theme. I know he just had a baby not too long ago. Would it be too personal to frame a picture of his daughter?

For fun I want to put some little toy water guns, blow up beach balls, and maybe those handheld fans that also spray water.

For food I'm thinking maybe the gatorade packs, beef jerky, and granola bars.

I will probably pull more ideas from the "Care Package Ideas" thread. I estimate I will be shipping it off in 2 weeks. I can't wait to get started so I can update with lots of pics!
  2. Senior Member
    your package sounds great!!! i just sent a keep on truckin' package loaded with slim fast snacks, 100 cal cookies, huge thing of light pringles, beef jerky, beef summer sausage, a box of little cheese and jerky sticks, crakers, grill brush, tylenol, pancake just add water mix!!! send whatever you can. it will lift his spirits i promise! i have also sent the individual energy bars.
  3. Senior Member
    o and it won't be too blah to send a pic of the baby! he would love it!
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by katyarmyfiance View Post
    your package sounds great!!! i just sent a keep on truckin' package loaded with slim fast snacks, 100 cal cookies, huge thing of light pringles, beef jerky, beef summer sausage, a box of little cheese and jerky sticks, crakers, grill brush, tylenol, pancake just add water mix!!! send whatever you can. it will lift his spirits i promise! i have also sent the individual energy bars.
    Quote Originally Posted by katyarmyfiance View Post
    o and it won't be too blah to send a pic of the baby! he would love it!
    Thanks for the input! I'm already planning heavily. This is going to be epic! This is what I have so far:

Contents
    Water Guns
    Glow Sticks
    Gatorade
    Peanut Butter Crackers
    Chef Boyardee
    Easy Mac
    Smores Pop Tarts
    Pop Rocks
    Beach Balls
    Mist Fan
    Cereal Bars
    Frisbee
    Deck of Cards
    Bible-because we used to go to the same church
    Eye Drops
    Chapstick
    T-Shirts
    Socks

Decor
    I want half the box to be daytime and half to be night. I tried to get the content to match the panel themes while still being practical
    Panel 1- Beach; might use actual sand paper or something for the sand
    Panel 2- Fatherís Day/Picnic; with a pink stroller with a pic of the baby in it
    Panel 3- 4th of July; might glue down strips of the shiny confetti to make fireworks
    Panel 4- Camping/Bondfire; gotta think of something cool for stars and maybe cotton for marshmellows?
    Bottom- Keep In Touch; facebook, twitter, skype logos with our twitter names

Can you tell I'm excited about my first CP