Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Longest CP travel time

1. Regular Member

Longest CP travel time

Advertisements
    I'm really starting to wonder if one of my packages has been lost or stolen. I've never had a package take longer than 7 days to get to my DH and I sent one 15 days ago that he has not yet received. In the meantime, he's received 2 other packages from family members who sent theirs after I sent mine and each took 6 days to get to him.

I didn't write anything on the customs form that would entice it to be stolen and really there was nothing worth stealing in there anyway. It was just a few snacks, a couple of magazines, some letters and a dvd of home movies of our daughter.

So maybe I just need reassured that sometimes the mail takes a really long time because I'm almost ready to give up hope that it's gone forever. It's never taken longer than 7 days for him to get a care package and I have probably sent 8 or 9 of them so far this deployment. What's the longest it's taken for anyone to get a package to Kuwait specifically?
  2. A Beautiful Mistake
    A Beautiful Mistake
    sometimes things get lost in the shuffle and it may take a little longer I hope it turns up.
  3. Amy
    Account Closed
    Account Closed
    It took my husband 3 months to get his one time. No idea why- usually it only took a week or two.
  4. In my dreams, his dreams come true
    In my dreams, his dreams come true
    Blog Entries
    I just sent one Aug 20, it just arrived yesterday. Most of mine are there within 5 days so we thought it was a goner. Mail seems to be taking a bit longer these days. Just wait it out. I always get delivery confirmation as I heard it cuts down on the issue of things getting "lost" (ie stolen). So then I can tell DB right away when its there.
  5. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    It took my husband 3 months to get his one time. No idea why- usually it only took a week or two.

Oh my word, if this package takes 3 months, I don't even want to know what shade of green those cookies are going to be....
  6. Senior Member
    I had one take 5 weeks before. I learned from that to ALWAYS make sure that I put "perishable" on the customs form and have the people at the post office stamp it. Doing that, DB gets them in 7 days or less
  7. he's deployed and i'm in hawaii!
    he's deployed and i'm in hawaii!
    the fastest mine got there is 8 days, and the slowest was 3ish weeks. fyi, he's in afghanistan, and his have to get air-dropped, so it takes a lil extra time than kuwait maybe?

but honestly... i don't think there's a set time for these kinds of things, and after only five days i wouldn't even flinch. i'm sure its fine.
  8. In my dreams, his dreams come true
    In my dreams, his dreams come true
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyGirlfriend08 View Post
    I had one take 5 weeks before. I learned from that to ALWAYS make sure that I put "perishable" on the customs form and have the people at the post office stamp it. Doing that, DB gets them in 7 days or less
    Oooh good idea! Ive been using the delivery confirmation cuz I heard it sped it up, I didnt think about perishable tho...will try this next time.
  9. Amy
    Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by MomToARedhead View Post

Oh my word, if this package takes 3 months, I don't even want to know what shade of green those cookies are going to be....
    Well my husband is on a ship- so sometimes it may take longer. And it was a really, really big package, so maybe it got held up. They can only fit SO much on a helicopter. I'm sure he'll get it soon.