Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: db's birthday is coming up...

1. these boys are my world <3
    these boys are my world <3

db's birthday is coming up...

Advertisements
    ...and you know i'm gonna send him a package!

so, i need some ideas ladies. i've been dead broke and haven't sent him a package in two months. so, i thought i'd send one full of food and another specifically for the birthday.

any suggestions?
  2. Not really a navy gf anymore...
    Not really a navy gf anymore...
    Will he be anywhere near a microwave? If so, send one of the Betty Crocker microwave cakes with a candle. Personally I bought a few functional b-day gifts, wrapped them in tissue paper with a little bow and put them in the box... then decorated the inside with bright colors, confetti, candles and noisemakers which can be taken off and used. I also sent edible stuffs which were his favorite (aka rice krispies). Feel free to use any of the ideas I know they are basic, but I LOOOOOOOOOVE designing care packages
  3. these boys are my world <3
    these boys are my world <3
    Quote Originally Posted by redhead_navygf View Post
    Will he be anywhere near a microwave? If so, send one of the Betty Crocker microwave cakes with a candle. Personally I bought a few functional b-day gifts, wrapped them in tissue paper with a little bow and put them in the box... then decorated the inside with bright colors, confetti, candles and noisemakers which can be taken off and used. I also sent edible stuffs which were his favorite (aka rice krispies). Feel free to use any of the ideas I know they are basic, but I LOOOOOOOOOVE designing care packages
    what do you mean by "functional birthday gifts"? he refuses to tell me anything that he wants. i was going to send him some...*ahem*...pictures...but he says if i do, he will burn them before he comes home and dammit that sounds like a waste of time and money to me!
  4. Not really a navy gf anymore...
    Not really a navy gf anymore...
    Quote Originally Posted by *ashley* View Post
    what do you mean by "functional birthday gifts"? he refuses to tell me anything that he wants. i was going to send him some...*ahem*...pictures...but he says if i do, he will burn them before he comes home and dammit that sounds like a waste of time and money to me!
    Yeah, DF asked for some pictures too.. but he literally wanted some stills of me and the apartment I meant functional as in, one of the gifts I bought him was a travel mug. He'd had a ton of them before but they had a carabiner clip as the handle so it could be attached to pants and the lid locks to prevent spills. His had been stolen and he hadn't found any in almost a year. I found a stash and bought a few, but only mailed him one . I bought him some magazines about his favorite stuff, like muscle cars and video games. I also bought a book and wrapped it really nice with a booklight included (he'd asked for the book surprisingly tho). I put a special noise birthday card in there and in the bottom of the box I sketched out a picture and attached the perfect quote for deployment love... it's just a few things I did though. But back to the original question, the functional gift is just something I knew he could use over there and over here.
  5. he's deployed and i'm in hawaii!
    he's deployed and i'm in hawaii!
    i'm working on a bday care pack right now too, so i'm here to look for ideas.

DB has no microwave where he is, so i'll be baking brownies, as well as sending some little debbie ones (in case mine don't make it, even though last time they arrived just fine).

i'm making him a photo CD with pics of me and his friends/family wishing him a happy bday in photos. its pretty awesome so far.

i'm buying him a new outfit, taking pics of said outfit, and then i'm gonna put the pics in an envelope and wrap that. he didn't bring any civvies with him at all, so he'll need them when he comes home, so its kinda two birds with one stone.

mix CD's of music, probably a new book or two, maybe i'll burn some movies to DVD.

i'm not sure what else. probably some more baby wipes (no showers where he's at) and some snacks.

we don't have too much longer to go, so he doesn't need a TON of stuff really.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *ashley* View Post
    The pictures would probably be "burned" because of what he would use them for . If you print small ones at Target or Walmart self-print its fairly cheap. My bfs birthday is coming up and Im making him some of his favorite cookies and sending him his favorite snacks, balloons, a small scrapbook of us, a notebook full of letters Ive written when he was out of contact. Just things that he might think of related to his birthday. The silly boy gave me free reign when it comes to care packages.

“It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone.”
    ― Rose Kennedy