Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Jar of Love (Image heavy)

1. NDNatlGuardGF
    NDNatlGuardGF

Love Jar of Love (Image heavy)

Advertisements
    I got the idea for this from another post...
    My simple, but cute, Jar of Love package. :) (IMG Heavy)
    (Thank you by the way!)

I had to tweak it a bit though because DB is a pretty manly-man type and although my box is "pretty", he can get rid of that as soon as he gets the stuff out of it, so I had to man up the reasons of love. I decided to Army it up and make them into combat boots. (I have a cricut cartridge that has all military stuff.) There's no way he can tell me that combat boots are too lovey-dovey! Here's the pictures I have...

This is how I decorated the box (I had to put at least some hearts on here since it is LOVE in a jar.)

This is what the combat boot reasons of love turned out like. I sprayed them with my perfume also. I got a new perfume while he was home on R&R, so this way when he opens the jar he should smell it each time. Oh and there are enough boots so that he'll be able to look at a new one every day until he comes home.

This is the jar I went with because the normal round jar didn't fit the boots very well.

The finished product! (The papers underneath are information pages for a vacation we'll probably be taking after he gets home.)

I left it pretty simple. I just wrapped the jar with a crap load of tissue paper so that it wouldn't move around and break and that was it. I think he'll like it though, and after the last few days he's been through (they've been ROUGH!) he'll probably really appreciate it.
  2. Senior Member
    I it!!! I am thinking of making something like this to give DH when he comes home in October! (GAH!!! Why can't it be Spetember today so I can say next month?! ) Where did you get the combat boots? I like that idea a lot and think I may steal it.
  3. NDNatlGuardGF
    NDNatlGuardGF

Quote Originally Posted by Adriannelrh View Post
    I it!!! I am thinking of making something like this to give DH when he comes home in October! (GAH!!! Why can't it be Spetember today so I can say next month?! ) Where did you get the combat boots? I like that idea a lot and think I may steal it.
    I have a Cricut machine for scrapbooking and got a military specific cartridge. It had a print of the combat boot on there so I figured that was the most fitting of the designs.
  4. A Beautiful Mistake
    A Beautiful Mistake
    That is soooo cute! I might have to make one of these
  5. Senior Member
    Hmmm, I don't have anything that fancy. It is perfect though.
  6. NDNatlGuardGF
    NDNatlGuardGF

Quote Originally Posted by Adriannelrh View Post
    Hmmm, I don't have anything that fancy. It is perfect though.
    Depending on how many you were planning on making, you could always draw one and then just trace it and cut them out. If you're planning to make a ton, that my get a little tedious, but if its just a few it may not be so bad.
  7. Senior Member
    Oh my gooooooodness, I loveee it! This is the only thing that excites me about the upcoming deployment!!

Https://mommytograce.scentsy.us
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NDNatlGuardGF View Post
    Depending on how many you were planning on making, you could always draw one and then just trace it and cut them out. If you're planning to make a ton, that my get a little tedious, but if its just a few it may not be so bad.
    Good idea. What I'll do is write up a list of what I would put on them and see how many I would need. Thanks so much for the ideas!
  9. You'll never find nobody better than me
    You'll never find nobody better than me
    This is such a cute idea I might steal it and use it in the future