Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help!! I am so clueless!

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

help!! I am so clueless!

Advertisements
    Hi everyone! I am all ready to put together my first ever care package for DB! Problem: I ordered the flat rate boxes from USPS about a week ago and I just got them today. I did not realize how tiny the boxes were! It's the military APO/FPO box that is 12 x 12 x 5, and it is way too small for the amount of things I am sending DB.

My question is, is there an official APO/FPO package box that is bigger, that I can get somewhere? Should I go look for like, packing boxes at Target or something? I don't know what to do!!
  2. BJo
    Banned
    Banned
    Nope. Just send him one big package(that isn't flat rate). It may cost more but at least you will get everything in one box.
  3. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

There is only 1 APO/FPO flat rate box from USPS, if you want anything bigger you will have to find the box and depending on weight, it will more than likely be more expensive. There is one size up in the regular flat rate boxes and it costs like $13 something to send, but other than that Sorry. If it is a LOT, it may be cheaper to split between 2 boxes

4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Last edited by skm2911; 01-06-2010 at 12:33 AM.
  5. BJo
    Banned
    Banned
    You can use any box to ship in. It does not need to be a flat rate box or one from the post office.
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Just use the ones provided and use more then one. Keep it limited though You have to remember that they don't have much space. Maybe even pack one box now, send it and save the rest for a few weeks from now.
  7. You'll never find nobody better than me
    You'll never find nobody better than me
    I know what you mean my db never got any packages either and his been in for almost 10 years! But I would suggest you just stick to the flat rate boxes. When I made his 1st care package everything didn't fit in 1 box. So I had to split it between 2 boxes but it gave me a chance to decorate both of them really nice. And it was only 11.95 for each box.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I think I'd just seperate the stuff into multiple boxes and send them a week or so apart.
  9. dumb girlfriend
    dumb girlfriend
    Quote Originally Posted by skm2911 View Post
    Thanks ladies. I thought about sending two boxes, but this is the first care package that I am sending DB. And on top of that...and this really just makes me tear up every time... this is DB's 4th deployment and he has NEVER received any letters, cards, care packages, NOTHING. (Obviously, DB and I did not know each other then... we met in May 09, and he just deployed a week ago). I'm totally a sensitive type, so I want him to experience the whole big frilly decorated box with tons of goodies and treats and a whole lotttttt of lovin! So I need to find a big cardboard packaging box.
    I totally get that!! DB has been deployed twice and never had a loving woman () send him anything... so I'm soaking up all the suggestions, ideas and tips on here so I'll be prepared to "spoil" him when it's our turn next year.
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    If it didn't fit in one flat rate box, I would just do two and stuff more drink mixes and beef jerky in there.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast