Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: help with my first one ladies!!

1. Regular Member
    Half my heart is in Denver, CO, the other is in Iraq

help with my first one ladies!!

Advertisements
    Okay...I'm making two CPs right now and I'm having one themed around the song "Then" by Brad Paisley. I've even altered the song to fit us. Here's Brad's version:
    I remember trying not to stareThe night that I first met youYou had me mesmerizedAnd three weeks later in the front porch lightTaking forty five minutes to kiss goodnightI hadn't told you yet, but I thought I loved you then.Now your my whole lifeNow your my whole worldAnd I just can't believeThe way I feel about you girlLike a river meets the seaStronger than it's ever beenWe've come so far since that dayAnd, I thought I loved you then.I remember taking you backTo right where I first met youYou were so surprisedThere people around, but I didn't careI got down on one knee right thereAnd once again, I thought I loved you then.Now your my whole lifeNow your my whole worldAnd I just can't believeThe way I feel about you girlLike a river meets the seaStronger than it's ever beenWe've come so far since that dayAnd, I thought I loved you then.I can just see youWith a baby on the wayI can just see youWhen your hair is turning grayWhat I can't seeIs how I'm ever going to love you moreBut, I've said that before.Now your my whole lifeNow your my whole worldAnd I just can't believeThe way I feel about you girlWe'll look back somedayAt this moment that we're inAnd I'll look at you and say"And, I thought I loved you then."And, I thought I loved you then..And here is my version:
    (I italicized the stuff I changed.)
    I remember trying not to stare
    The day that I first met you
    You had me mesmerized
    And a couple months later in your Explorerís backseat
    Just two kids turning up the heat
    I hadn't told you yet, but I thought I loved you then.
    Now youíre my whole life
    Now youíre my whole world
    And I just can't believe
    The way I feel about you
    Like a river meets the sea
    Stronger than it's ever been
    We've come so far since that day
    And, I thought I loved you then.
    I remember texting you dirty things
    And how I felt when I first met you
    I was so surprised
    That through my pregnancy, you still cared
    Just like before, you were always there
    And once again, I thought I loved you then.
    Now youíre my whole life
    And I just can't believe
    The way I feel about you
    Like a river meets the sea
    Stronger than it's ever been
    We've come so far since that day
    And, I thought I loved you then.
    Iím waiting for you
    And miss you every day
    Iím waiting for you
    I promise you I wonít stray/will stay?
    What I can't see
    Is how I'm ever going to love you more
    But, I've said that before.
    Now youíre my whole life
    And I just can't believe
    The way I feel about you girl
    We'll look back someday
    At this moment that we're in
    And I'll look at you and say
    "And, I thought I loved you then."
    And, I thought I loved you then...

Ok the parts I need help with are in bold!
    I'm not sure about the turning up the heat line and
    am not sure which one to use for that other emboldened line.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
    Kimmy--proud mommy of a little boy, surviving my first deployment of my Army guy!

Having fun with my girls while I wait for my boy!
  2. Regular Member
    anyone? and does anyone have any idea if anything else could go in this box that wasn't just a memory? or does this seem more like a memory lane box?
    Kimmy--proud mommy of a little boy, surviving my first deployment of my Army guy!

3. lucky im in love with my best friend
    lucky im in love with my best friend
    i like the "turning up the heat" line and i would use the "i will stay" line.
    im not sure what else to put in it tho! goodluck!
  4. Senior Member
    Sorry, I'm not sure how to help save have fun with it!!
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I really like the turning up the heat line! I just tried to think of anything else that rhymed with seat and didn't come up with anything better, yours definitely works the best And I would use the 'won't stray' line, I just think it sounds better with the song

So what are you going to put in the box? I think this is a totally cute idea, changing the song to fit you guys
  6. His Swiss Army Wife
    His Swiss Army Wife
    What about adding stuff to the box with memories that you haven't shared yet? Um like, you said you have a little boy. Anything your DH looks forward to doing with him?

You are the cheese to my cannoli .

7. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MEGAN JO View Post
    I really like the turning up the heat line! I just tried to think of anything else that rhymed with seat and didn't come up with anything better, yours definitely works the best And I would use the 'won't stray' line, I just think it sounds better with the song

So what are you going to put in the box? I think this is a totally cute idea, changing the song to fit you guys
    I'm going to put some of our high school football stuff in because that's kinda how we met. And I'm actually planning on making him copies of some of my journal entries from when we first met in high school so he can really see how I even cared about him then. Then I plan on putting some pictures of me from my pregnancy and with my son and stuff.

I was also thinking of putting some stuff in from the movie Up because I told him that couple would be us because our life will be such an adventure. But I also might save this stuff for a cp next month because I am going to Disney World mid-Sept and could get more stuff from the movie there. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by apimay View Post
    What about adding stuff to the box with memories that you haven't shared yet? Um like, you said you have a little boy. Anything your DH looks forward to doing with him?
    Oh and I really like this idea!!! Hmm...I think one of our biggest future plans is a cruise for when he gets out of the army. Perhaps I could add some stuff from that? i'll have to brainstorm other stuff.