Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody else have a hockey lover?

1. Gee

Anybody else have a hockey lover?

Advertisements
    So, my hubby is a hockey lover. He's going to Afghanistan next month and missing the beginning of the hockey season, so I'm making him a 'Start of the NHL Season" care package.

So far, I'm decorating the inside with pictures of his favorite hockey players, and putting in the regular treats, but I'm also putting in some hockey magazines, etc.

Anyone have any other ideas for what my major hockey buff would like in a hockey care package?
  2. Senior Member
    You should talk to KristiJ She is a pretty big Hockey fan. She might be able to help

3. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Maybe a puck he can toss around when he's bored, a pic of YOU in HIS favorite hockey jersey (hmmmm, reminds me ) and nothing else, maybe a hockey movie (like Mystery Alaska or something like that)... I can't think of anything else, but I'll pop back in if I think of anything.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  4. Senior Member
    Can you find a replica Stanley cup? Like one for kids....maybe with his name on it? That would be super cute! I'll ask my sister too she is a HUGE hockey fan.
    MJM
    i sent DF a hockey care package: hockey magazines, hockey cards, a t-shirt and hat from his fave team, a puck, a hand held air hockey game majiggify i found at toys are us, i also would send articles from the paper about the games i also put a note that i had bought tickets to the game for when he came home
  6. Gee
    Quote Originally Posted by Saigon View Post
    You should talk to KristiJ She is a pretty big Hockey fan. She might be able to help
    Thank you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brentscrystal View Post
    Maybe a puck he can toss around when he's bored, a pic of YOU in HIS favorite hockey jersey (hmmmm, reminds me ) and nothing else, maybe a hockey movie (like Mystery Alaska or something like that)... I can't think of anything else, but I'll pop back in if I think of anything.
    Come to think of it... I do have a pic like that...

Quote Originally Posted by 4n6chick View Post
    Can you find a replica Stanley cup? Like one for kids....maybe with his name on it? That would be super cute! I'll ask my sister too she is a HUGE hockey fan.
    Thank you! He's so crazy about hockey and I'm like this random canuck that doesn't know too much about it.

Quote Originally Posted by xkrazybaby67x View Post
    i sent DF a hockey care package: hockey magazines, hockey cards, a t-shirt and hat from his fave team, a puck, a hand held air hockey game majiggify i found at toys are us, i also would send articles from the paper about the games i also put a note that i had bought tickets to the game for when he came home
    Thank you!!! I was so worried nobody else would have a hockey fanatic on their hands LOL
    MJM
    i don't know much about hockey either. i'm working on it
  8. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Quote Originally Posted by xkrazybaby67x View Post
    i don't know much about hockey either. i'm working on it
    Dh bought "Hockey for Dummies" for me 6 years ago when dd started playing. As much as I laughed about it, it really taught me a lot!
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
    MJM
    good to know! thanks, def. going to check it out
  10. Senior Member
    Ok my sister had a few suggestions:

Cookies with NHL icing and the colors of his favorite team and numbers of players.
    Cookies made with a jersey cookie cutter.
    Some mini hockey game that you play on your knees. (Yeah NO idea what she's talking about there but maybe google can help!)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast