Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do I need to to do send a package?

1. Senior Member

What do I need to to do send a package?

Advertisements
    I think that sending a package over seas to a service member is a little different than a regular package....what do I do? Go to those post office and ask? How much do these generally cost you guys to ship? I found ideas on what to put in the package but not how to send it on here so sorry if it is posted somewhere!!
    TIA!
    this too shall pass...
  2. Occasional lurker
    Occasional lurker
    you can order the boxes, labels and custom forms online- it's free!! I think the minimum order is 25, but they're delivered, you can do this on the postal service webpage!

Once you have all of your goodies in your box go ahead and seal it up. Make sure you write the address on the label and customs form.

Get in line at the P.O, they'll ask you some questions, stamp it and then you pay, 11$ish

3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Last edited by Lmarie; 01-05-2010 at 10:35 PM.
  4. Regular Member
    They also have flat rate boxes which are specific for the Military...they are a bit smaller than the largest flat rate boxes, but are cheaper to ship....
    You may as well give in. He is you long distance lover, he is your steel eyed, warm smiling, blank minded, hyperactive,over reacting, curious, passive, talented, spontaneous,physically fit, good for nothing bundle of worry. And will always be there for you regardless of how long its been since you've last talked.

Twisting your body to spell out YMCA: SILLY
    Twisting your body to spell out O-H-I-O: SACRED
  5. Senior Member
    when i went today he the guys said that i just buy a regular box and standard us shipping rates apply? he gave me a label to fill out and i just brought that home bc i didnt want to commit on a box yet
    this too shall pass...
  6. Senior Member
    how to i ensure i just pay the $12 with each box?
    this too shall pass...
  7. Regular Member
    http://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/stor...20&WT.ac=13359

This is the page where you can order Flat Rate boxes...they are free to order....this site also has the APO/FPO (military) Flat Rate boxes
    You may as well give in. He is you long distance lover, he is your steel eyed, warm smiling, blank minded, hyperactive,over reacting, curious, passive, talented, spontaneous,physically fit, good for nothing bundle of worry. And will always be there for you regardless of how long its been since you've last talked.

Twisting your body to spell out YMCA: SILLY
    Twisting your body to spell out O-H-I-O: SACRED
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by klar4230 View Post
    http://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/stor...20&WT.ac=13359

This is the page where you can order Flat Rate boxes...they are free to order....this site also has the APO/FPO (military) Flat Rate boxes
    thanks!!!
    this too shall pass...
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by postitlove View Post
    when i went today he the guys said that i just buy a regular box and standard us shipping rates apply? he gave me a label to fill out and i just brought that home bc i didnt want to commit on a box yet
    Not the best idea...

I strongly suggest getting the flat rate APO military boxes that you can get from the post office or click the link and order them for free... they are $11.95 and you can stuff them full up to I believe 40lbs...

The next thing you will need are the customs forms. The post office will give you these, I wish I could find the link to them to show you. Just fill out the info on it... your address, his address, a list of whats in the box (you can be general, dont need to be detailed specific)

Also, they are going to offer you insurance and all that good stuff, dont bother with it. That will only guarantee that your box makes its to NY, not technically to your SO since it gets switched over into military's hands.
  10. Senior Member
    i'm all ordered and ready to go!!! thanks ladies! I'm not sure that guy had a clue what he was talking about
    this too shall pass...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast