Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: customs form???

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Question customs form???

Advertisements
    Ok, so I've got some stupid questions about filling out the customs form for a care package. On the instructions it says you have to be detailed about what's in there i.e. rice krispies vs just snacks, and you have to write down every single thing instead of saying like snacks, magazines, etc. and to fill out a whole nother form if you fill one up. Also it says to write down the price of every single thing.

Do I really have to be that detailed? Really? I am way too lazy for that.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    No, they don't need to know the brand/type of everything, just snacks would be fine.
  3. Senior Member
    I'm usually very general in my descriptions...snacks, magazines, DVD, CD, packaged food.
    I usually don't write the price, but I've start to insure my boxes so now I do and again I'm general. Also, it depends on who you get at the counter at the PO as to how detailed. I've had some dragon ladies that have made me go back and fill in spaces that I've usually left open.
  4. (i carry it in my heart)
    (i carry it in my heart)
    I was detailed the first time.. and then the man at the post office told me I didn't need to be.. that it was fine to write "snacks", "electronics", "books", etc. I never wrote prices, or weights, or any of that nonsense.
    Oh, hey. I'm back!
  5. I Love my IT2
    I Love my IT2
    I usually just do "food" "Magazines" "dvds" "video Games" nothing specific

PS
    Customs forms SUCK! lol
  6. ~M*A*R*I*E~
    ~M*A*R*I*E~
    I actually went to the post office yesterday to mail DH his 3rd package and i asked about those forms.
    She told me i could still use the old forms and that it really doesn't matter how specific i am. It's gonna get there regardless...but just to write something in the contents section/ Leaving it blank would make them have to open it.

So, don't stress about it. I noticed the new forms seems really complicated so she gave me a handful of the old ones
    NO MORE TICKER! THE LOVE OF MY LIFE IS HOME FOR GOOD
  7. Senior Member
    I'm really, really general & his packages have gotten there fine. I also never write down the weight because seriously, who has the time to weigh every single item in the package? The post office dudes usually just write the total weight at the bottom anyway.
  8. Occasional lurker
    Occasional lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by icarryyourheart View Post
    I was detailed the first time.. and then the man at the post office told me I didn't need to be.. that it was fine to write "snacks", "electronics", "books", etc. I never wrote prices, or weights, or any of that nonsense.
    I sent legos, remote control car, card games...ya know, random stuff...but I always just put games, books and cards

9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizzle Mizzle View Post
    No, they don't need to know the brand/type of everything, just snacks would be fine.
    This. I used to write out every little thing, then one of the post office employees who saw me in there each week told me that it wasn't necessary.
  10. Banned
    Banned
    Just make sure you put down how much it's worth so if anything gets broken, they can reimburse you. But you don't need to go overboard in detailing everything.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast