Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody have suggestions for Protein stuff?

1. Señor Member
    Señor Member

Nutts Anybody have suggestions for Protein stuff?

Advertisements
    DF wants me to fill his next box with whey protein (?) mixes, and protein bars, and just a bunch of stuff since he's starting working out.

This is sad, because I work in a gym... but I have no idea wtf he'd want or like. Idk what's good (and not 50 bucks a jug!) and what doesn't taste like feces.
    I know that a lot of people like Cliff Bars... but what are they? Are those like the "hersheys" or health bars or something? What flavors are best? blah blah blah. I'm clueless... which, again, is sad seeing as I've worked in a damn gym for the past 5 years

Any help?

be cool.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I don't know if he is a Special K fan, but they have fabulous protein shakes.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I got to walmart and get protein bars for DH, he likes the cookie dough kind and any kind that has peanut butter in them..

he also get Wheybolic (i think thats what its called) from GNC. ill look it up.

I wouldnt recommend going to GNC and asking them cause last time i went in there i had no clue what i was doing and they took advantage of that and ended up having me buy like 300 bucks worth of junk

but ill look for everything DH uses.

ETA- there is normally not enough protein in just the bars or like the special K bars, so in order to get enough you gotta get like the protein mix stuff- thats what DH tells me

this is what DH takes, I tried it... its pretty tasty

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp...665513.2108294

and its on sale.

he also takes this. it helps with muscle repair and recovery.
    http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp...108320.2102405

that stuff tastes nasty but it helps

oh yeah. and when it comes to the bars, lean protein is better.. dont ask me why.. i have no idea.. DH just tells me this stuff. he thinks i care or something
  4. Independent Beachbody Coach
    Independent Beachbody Coach
    Myoplex is good, and hubster likes this mass builder protein stuff in a red container from GNC
  5. Senior Member
    DH likes something called tiger's milk, it's some kind of protein bar i think.
    special k has awesome meal bars too, very tasty.
  6. Señor Member
    Señor Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *paige* View Post
    I got to walmart and get protein bars for DH, he likes the cookie dough kind and any kind that has peanut butter in them..

he also get Wheybolic (i think thats what its called) from GNC. ill look it up.

I wouldnt recommend going to GNC and asking them cause last time i went in there i had no clue what i was doing and they took advantage of that and ended up having me buy like 300 bucks worth of junk

but ill look for everything DH uses.

ETA- there is normally not enough protein in just the bars or like the special K bars, so in order to get enough you gotta get like the protein mix stuff- thats what DH tells me

this is what DH takes, I tried it... its pretty tasty

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp...665513.2108294

and its on sale.

he also takes this. it helps with muscle repair and recovery.
    http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp...108320.2102405

that stuff tastes nasty but it helps
    You are my savior

he's definatley going to have to send me some more money though... 40 bucks is what I spend on two packages... junk food is soo much cheaper!

be cool.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed

junk food is so much cheaper.
    but i have figured it out.. cause I hate supplements. and it is cheaper to go the supplement way then it is to get protein naturally.

Im so proud of myself. DH seriously tells me this stuff everyday and i never thought i really paid attention enough to tell someone else!
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Send him a huge container of Labrada Pro V-60 and a shaker cup. 60g of protein per serving.... that's the stuff my DB used when he used to bodybuild..... he's frigging ripped.
  9. Everyday is a new day
    Everyday is a new day
    Order stuff for him online I google cheap protein and stuff comes up. He likes true mass it's almost $70 at gnc and I just ordered it for 35 on supplement warehouse and they will ship to FPO. And I also send him random protein bars from those sites they're pretty reasonable. I'm clueless also when it comes to protein. I have to guess most of the time bc communications have been pretty sucky for a while now.

i my fall 09 wives
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    Send him a huge container of Labrada Pro V-60 and a shaker cup. 60g of protein per serving.... that's the stuff my DB used when he used to bodybuild..... he's frigging ripped.
    DH started taking that stuff like 2 months ago, and he got huge fast! they tried to test him for steroids, but he stopped cause it made him sick. I was looking forward to him taking that and coming home massive!!!

but a shaker cup is a must! GNC has one that is like antibacterial or somethign. but i got it for DH and he LOVES it. he had me pick him up like 5 in case one gets lost. lol
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast