Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Birthday Care Package.

1. I love my SPC
    I love my SPC
    Blog Entries

Birthday Care Package.

Advertisements
    My boyfriends birthday is coming up on August 9, and he is deployed. What are some ideas I can do to make him have a better birthday because he is really bummed out that we can't celebrate it together.
    [URL=http://www.alterna-tickers.com]

2. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Wish I had taken pic's of my birthday care package... just got it in the mail a few days ago. I decorated the box with markers and a big Happy Birthday sign. My theme was a 'sneak preview' of how we'll celebrate when he's back.

We loved to have margaritas, watch movies and/or play guitar hero and rockband on the weekends. And one of our favorite places to eat is On the Border. Last year I sent him a big package of On the border salsas, chips and a margarita bucket as a sort of gag gift b/c he had been in the field for a month during his birthday. Well, I couldn't send him that this time but I did squeeze one bag of chips and one of those microwaveable cheese dip things in there. And I drew a picture of a margarita as an I.O.U.

I bought one of those microwave betty crocker cakes and taped some birthday candles to it! And he's a big sushi fan... so I send him a couple of microwaveable sushi kits with tuna/canned shrimp to add in there. And they make boxed fortune cookies! (who knew?!) And i sent him a mini guitar hero game... we used to love playing that together.

Of course I wrapped everything in bright wrapping paper, taped curly ribbon underneath the flaps, and sprinkled the entire box with confetti! It'll be a mess when he opens it thats for sure!

I'm sure anything to know that you were thinking of him on his birthday will make his day!
  3. Catherine aka Cath
    Catherine aka Cath
    I sent him, 2 shirts from his favorite store, some home made cookies that he will probably have to toss because he still hasn't gotten his package and I mailed it about a month ago (ooops) I made him a CD and bought him a portable CD player to listen to it since he has his ipod but that's it. I also made a BOOB pillow case, a long letter, pictues my daughter drew, goodies for him to eat that won't spoil, and some other tings I can't remember. It was one FULL box!
    Back together again where we belong
  4. I love my SPC
    I love my SPC
    Blog Entries
    Thanks guys. You both gave me some really good ideas for him =]

5. Senior Member
    I've heard of some people making a cake in a jar. I have no idea how to do it, but maybe google that.

For DH's birthday, I sent him some glittery birthday candles, a ribbon that said "birthday boy," birthday balloons, and a whole bunch of other goodies and things that he asked for (I can't remember them all). His birthday is right after Christmas, so I sent him a combo birthday/Christmas box (I know...lame).

Decorate the crap out of it, and just fill it with goodies you know he'll like. Ask him if there's anything he needs.
  6. I love my SPC
    I love my SPC
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I have done the cake in the jar thing and sent it to him. its easy and he said he liked it.

7. I'll always be your girl
    I'll always be your girl
    Maybe make a mini album and take pics of places that you went on dates and what you would do with him if he was here for his bday
  8. Sesa Wo Suban
    Sesa Wo Suban
    Here's the link to my thread. I just made DH a birthday care package since his birthday is August 17th. I hope you can get some great ideas!
    My very first care package- Birthday theme!! [VERY IMG HEAVY]
  9. these boys are my world <3
    these boys are my world <3
    boobie pillowcase went over really well. i also went to things remembered and had a set of dogtags engraved for db. i put a sappy quote about love and distance on it, the army emblem and then our names and "i love you." he loved it. but, it did cost about $100. they charge $3 per word
  10. I love my SPC
    I love my SPC
    Blog Entries

Confused

Boob pillowcase? Never heard of that? What is that??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast